Обсуждение: date problems

date problems

От
ivan marchesini
Дата:
Dear PG users,
I have an access db and I'm trying to pass all to postgres
I have used mdbtools to export the schema and all went quite well.
then I exported the single tables... to csv..

a lot of table have some timestamp fields containing data as DD/MM/YYYY,
and I'm no able to copy this table into postgres... because it needs
YYYY/MM/DD...
I used \copy...

Which is the best solution for this problem...

many thanks

Ivan

--
Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg.
Preferisco formati liberi.

Ivan Marchesini
University of Perugia
Via G. Duranti 93/a
06125
Perugia (Italy)
e-mail: marchesini@unipg.it       ivan.marchesini@gmail.com
tel: +39(0)755853760
fax (university): +39(0)755853756
fax (home): +39(0)5782830887
jabber: geoivan73@jabber.org

Re: date problems

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  Thu, dem 30.08.2007, um 15:01:03 +0200 mailte ivan marchesini folgendes:
> Dear PG users,
> I have an access db and I'm trying to pass all to postgres
> I have used mdbtools to export the schema and all went quite well.
> then I exported the single tables... to csv..
>
> a lot of table have some timestamp fields containing data as DD/MM/YYYY,
> and I'm no able to copy this table into postgres... because it needs
> YYYY/MM/DD...
> I used \copy...
>
> Which is the best solution for this problem...

Change this in the csv-file with text-tools like sed or awk. Other
solution: use a temp. table for input and use to_date to convert,
simple example:

test=> create table e (d date);
CREATE TABLE
test=*> create table e_temp (d text);
CREATE TABLE
test=*> copy e_temp from stdin;
Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.
>> 30/08/2007
>> \.
test=*> insert into e select to_date(d, 'dd/mm/yyyy') from e_temp;
INSERT 0 1
test=*> select * from e;    d
------------2007-08-30
(1 row)

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: date problems

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Aug 30, 2007, at 8:01 , ivan marchesini wrote:

> a lot of table have some timestamp fields containing data as DD/MM/
> YYYY,
> and I'm no able to copy this table into postgres... because it needs
> YYYY/MM/DD...
> I used \copy...

The input and output formats of dates is controlled by the datestyle
setting. You can easily change this to allow COPY (and I assume
\copy) to load the dates in their current format.

test=# create table dates (a_date date primary key);
"dates_pkey" for table "dates"
CREATE TABLE
test=# copy dates (a_date) from stdin;
Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.>> 2007/08/30>> 2007/08/29>> \.

No problem loading dates in YMD.

test=# copy dates (a_date) from stdin;
Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.>> 08/28/2007>> \.

No problem with MDY.

test=# copy dates (a_date) from stdin;
Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.>> 27/08/2007>> \.
ERROR:  date/time field value out of range: "27/08/2007"
HINT:  Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting.
CONTEXT:  COPY dates, line 1, column a_date: "27/08/2007"

DMY fails.

test=# show datestyle;
DateStyle
-----------
ISO, MDY
(1 row)

The current datestyle is ISO for output and MDY for input. This
explains why '27/08/2007' failed.

test=# set datestyle to 'iso, dmy'; -- output still iso, input day-
month-year
SET
test=# show datestyle;
DateStyle
-----------
ISO, DMY
(1 row)

test=# copy dates (a_date) from stdin;
Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.>> 27/08/2007>> \.

Since the datestyle was changed, we can now input '27/08/2007'.

test=# select * from dates;   a_date
------------
2007-08-30
2007-08-29
2007-08-28
2007-08-27
(4 rows)

And there they are: all output in ISO format.

Hope this helps.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

Re: date problems

От
Roberto Spier
Дата:
ivan marchesini escreveu:
> Dear PG users,
> I have an access db and I'm trying to pass all to postgres
> I have used mdbtools to export the schema and all went quite well.
> then I exported the single tables... to csv..
>
> a lot of table have some timestamp fields containing data as DD/MM/YYYY,
> and I'm no able to copy this table into postgres... because it needs
> YYYY/MM/DD...
> I used \copy...
>
> Which is the best solution for this problem...
>
> many thanks
>
> Ivan

another approach:

from within your access .mdb file, connect your new pg tables through
ODBC. Then execute an INSERT INTO pg_table(...) SELECT ... FROM acc_table;

spier

Software CASE - PostgreSQL

От
AlphaÔmega
Дата:
Hi !

What CASE tool may use with Postgresql? I need create MER diagram.
I am a big problem with Erwin to create MER diagram of PostgreSQL.

Thanks,.

Eduardo