Обсуждение: Differences between bit string constant sintax

Differences between bit string constant sintax

От
"Oliveiros C,"
Дата:
Dear All,

I have a table which has a field that is of type bit varying.

When I do a direct INSERT with , say, X'1F', everything
works fine.

But in this table I have to insert several tens of thousands
of records each time, so I decided to use
COPY command.

And if I build a file like this (columns separated by tab char)
primary_key1    X'1F'
primary_key2    X'1FF'

The system will complain on the first line,
saying that ' is not an hexadecimal digit.

I tried to remove the single quotes and it worked fine...
With values like this : X1F, X1FF, etc

Is the system supposed to behave like this, or have
I gone sideways somewhere on this?

My copy command is just this :

COPY t_unique_browsers
("IDUniqueBrowsers","browsersSet")
 FROM $file$C:\temp\pg\totalAccount.sql$file$;

Also,
SELECT version() says :
"PostgreSQL 8.3.7, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400"

Thanx in advance for your help

Best,
Oliveiros

Re: Differences between bit string constant sintax

От
Jasen Betts
Дата:
On 2009-09-09, Oliveiros C, <oliveiros.cristina@marktest.pt> wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_013B_01CA3146.85B62920
>
> Dear All,
>
> I have a table which has a field that is of type bit varying.
>
> When I do a direct INSERT with , say, X'1F', everything
> works fine.

copy syntax differs from literal syntax in several ways
(an obvious one is that tabs are allowed in literals)
in this case you don't use quotes in the value.

copy mytable from stdin;
4      xdeadbeef
5      x123
\.