Обсуждение: pgAgent stats

pgAgent stats

От
Marcin Krawczyk
Дата:
Hi list, does anyone know the reason for pgAdmin not showing the stats neither for selected pgAgent step nor whole job ? The pga_joblog and pga_jobsteplog both get populated with data on run so I was thinking that maybe I'm missing some view associated with statistics tabs ?? Any ideas ?

regards
mk

Re: pgAgent stats

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi,

Le 16/03/2010 08:40, Marcin Krawczyk a écrit :
> Hi list, does anyone know the reason for pgAdmin not showing the stats
> neither for selected pgAgent step nor whole job ? The pga_joblog and
> pga_jobsteplog both get populated with data on run so I was thinking that
> maybe I'm missing some view associated with statistics tabs ?? Any ideas ?

Which release of pgAdmin?

AFAICT, 1.10 Jobs' and Steps' statistics are last run time, status,
start time, stop time, and duration.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Re: pgAgent stats

От
Marcin Krawczyk
Дата:
It's pgAdmin 1.10.0. I've partially identified the problem, pgAdmin log says that following query gets executed when switching to job statistics tab :

SELECT jsljlgid, jslstatus, jslresult, jslstart, jslduration, (jslstart + jslduration) AS endtime, jsloutput
FROM pgagent.pga_jobsteplog WHERE jsljstid = 5 ORDER BY jslstart DESC LIMIT 0

obviously the problem is LIMIT 0 clause but why it is there remains a mystery... pgAdmin bug ? a configuration issue ?

regards
mk

2010/3/17 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
Hi,

Le 16/03/2010 08:40, Marcin Krawczyk a écrit :
> Hi list, does anyone know the reason for pgAdmin not showing the stats
> neither for selected pgAgent step nor whole job ? The pga_joblog and
> pga_jobsteplog both get populated with data on run so I was thinking that
> maybe I'm missing some view associated with statistics tabs ?? Any ideas ?

Which release of pgAdmin?

AFAICT, 1.10 Jobs' and Steps' statistics are last run time, status,
start time, stop time, and duration.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: pgAgent stats

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Marcin Krawczyk <jankes.mk@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's pgAdmin 1.10.0. I've partially identified the problem, pgAdmin log says
> that following query gets executed when switching to job statistics tab :
> SELECT jsljlgid, jslstatus, jslresult, jslstart, jslduration, (jslstart +
> jslduration) AS endtime, jsloutput
> FROM pgagent.pga_jobsteplog WHERE jsljstid = 5 ORDER BY jslstart DESC LIMIT
> 0
> obviously the problem is LIMIT 0 clause but why it is there remains
> a mystery... pgAdmin bug ? a configuration issue ?

Check the 'Maximum number of rows to retrieve' option on the Query tab
of the Options dialog.

--
Dave Page
PG East Conference: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do

Re: pgAgent stats

От
Marcin Krawczyk
Дата:
Ha, it worked :)) kind of funny though. It was set to 0 but it's supposed to not limit anything when 0 :)) a bug ?

pozdrowienia / regards / salutations
mk

2010/3/17 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Marcin Krawczyk <jankes.mk@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's pgAdmin 1.10.0. I've partially identified the problem, pgAdmin log says
> that following query gets executed when switching to job statistics tab :
> SELECT jsljlgid, jslstatus, jslresult, jslstart, jslduration, (jslstart +
> jslduration) AS endtime, jsloutput
> FROM pgagent.pga_jobsteplog WHERE jsljstid = 5 ORDER BY jslstart DESC LIMIT
> 0
> obviously the problem is LIMIT 0 clause but why it is there remains
> a mystery... pgAdmin bug ? a configuration issue ?

Check the 'Maximum number of rows to retrieve' option on the Query tab
of the Options dialog.

--
Dave Page
PG East Conference: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do

Re: pgAgent stats

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Marcin Krawczyk <jankes.mk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ha, it worked :)) kind of funny though. It was set to 0 but it's supposed to
> not limit anything when 0 :)) a bug ?

What makes you say that? The docs say:

Maximum rows to retrieve - This option specifies the number of job and
job step statistics rows to retrieve when viewing the statistics in
the main browser. Unlike the statistics for other objects which
normally consist of a fixed number of rows, a row is created every
time a job or job step is executed. The most recent statistics will be
shown.

--
Dave Page
PG East Conference: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do

Re: pgAgent stats

От
Marcin Krawczyk
Дата:
Yeah... my bad. Sorry for being a pain in the a... ;)

pozdrowienia
mk

2010/3/17 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Marcin Krawczyk <jankes.mk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ha, it worked :)) kind of funny though. It was set to 0 but it's supposed to
> not limit anything when 0 :)) a bug ?

What makes you say that? The docs say:

Maximum rows to retrieve - This option specifies the number of job and
job step statistics rows to retrieve when viewing the statistics in
the main browser. Unlike the statistics for other objects which
normally consist of a fixed number of rows, a row is created every
time a job or job step is executed. The most recent statistics will be
shown.

--

Re: pgAgent stats

От
Marcin Krawczyk
Дата:
Thanks for your help guys.

regards
mk

2010/3/17 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Marcin Krawczyk <jankes.mk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ha, it worked :)) kind of funny though. It was set to 0 but it's supposed to
> not limit anything when 0 :)) a bug ?

What makes you say that? The docs say:

Maximum rows to retrieve - This option specifies the number of job and
job step statistics rows to retrieve when viewing the statistics in
the main browser. Unlike the statistics for other objects which
normally consist of a fixed number of rows, a row is created every
time a job or job step is executed. The most recent statistics will be
shown.

--

Re: pgAgent stats

От