Обсуждение: copy users/groups

copy users/groups

От
"Edward W. Rouse"
Дата:
We have a database that was updated from 7.4.1 to 9.1.3. I've gotten
everything working, but now it seems that the users and groups weren't
restored. Probably because they weren't backed up. Is there a way to dump
just the users and groups, plus the passwords and permissions, and restore
them without overwriting what's been manually added to the new database?

Edward W. Rouse

Re: copy users/groups

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/08/2013 07:08 AM, Edward W. Rouse wrote:
> We have a database that was updated from 7.4.1 to 9.1.3. I've gotten
> everything working, but now it seems that the users and groups weren't
> restored. Probably because they weren't backed up. Is there a way to dump
> just the users and groups, plus the passwords and permissions, and restore
> them without overwriting what's been manually added to the new database?

Users/groups i.e roles are global to a cluster, you need to use pg_dumpall:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/app-pg-dumpall.html

pg_dumpall -g

Will dump only the global items.

--