Обсуждение: Google Summer of code 2013

Google Summer of code 2013

От
Akansha Singh
Дата:
HI all

I am Akansha Singh. I am a Java developer with experience of designing
 databases.i have been an intern in Oracle , i had worked on Oracle database
I have also did project using JDBC before .I will be highly obliged if some one can
give ur suggestions for the project idea.

 I would be interested to work on PL/Java and JDBC.

> Please let me know of any project that currently need attention.I would
> be honored to contribute to the community.

regards
Akansha Singh

Re: Google Summer of code 2013

От
Atri Sharma
Дата:
> HI all
>
> I am Akansha Singh. I am a Java developer with experience of designing
>  databases.i have been an intern in Oracle , i had worked on Oracle database
> I have also did project using JDBC before .I will be highly obliged if some one can
> give ur suggestions for the project idea.
>
>  I would be interested to work on PL/Java and JDBC.
>>
>> Please let me know of any project that currently need attention.I would
>> be honored to contribute to the community.
>
> regards
> Akansha Singh

I think a new JDBC driver is being worked on.You could have a look there.

Do you have any interest in data analytics? I proposed a couple of
ideas in that field.If you are interested, we could talk over them.

Regards,

Atri

--
Regards,

Atri
l'apprenant

Re: Google Summer of code 2013

От
viod
Дата:
Hello all!

Do you have any interest in data analytics? I proposed a couple of
ideas in that field.If you are interested, we could talk over them.

Regards,

Atri

I am pretty much interested in the ideas you posted on the mailing list (particularly in implementing the K-medoids algorithm). I've asked MADlib if they could mentor me, but unfortunately  their org has not been accepted in GSoC, and they haven't answered since then.

Do you think I could still do it with PostgreSQL? I would really like to do this project, as an initiation to classification algorithms.

Still, I don't really understand how this would be used by PostgreSQL?

And don't hesitate if you want me to present myself further :)

Regards,
Maxence

Re: Google Summer of code 2013

От
Atri Sharma
Дата:
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM, viod <viod.len@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all!
>

>> Do you have any interest in data analytics? I proposed a couple of
>> ideas in that field.If you are interested, we could talk over them.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>

> I am pretty much interested in the ideas you posted on the mailing list
> (particularly in implementing the K-medoids algorithm). I've asked MADlib if
> they could mentor me, but unfortunately  their org has not been accepted in
> GSoC, and they haven't answered since then.

No issues, I can try to help you out.

> Do you think I could still do it with PostgreSQL? I would really like to do
> this project, as an initiation to classification algorithms.
>
> Still, I don't really understand how this would be used by PostgreSQL?

MADLib is the de facto library for in database analytics in PostgreSQL.

Download,install MADLib, run a few programs, and think more about the
implementation and discuss here.

Regards,

Atri

--
Regards,

Atri
l'apprenant

Le 15 avr. 2013 17:46, "Atri Sharma" <atri.jiit@gmail.com> a écrit :
> No issues, I can try to help you out.

That would be nice, thanks a lot!

> > Do you think I could still do it with PostgreSQL? I would really like to do
> > this project, as an initiation to classification algorithms.
> >
> > Still, I don't really understand how this would be used by PostgreSQL?
>
> MADLib is the de facto library for in database analytics in PostgreSQL.
>
> Download,install MADLib, run a few programs, and think more about the
> implementation and discuss here.

I'll begin doing that this evening, thanks for the advice!