Обсуждение: Need Link information

Need Link information

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Guys,

What will be the final home of the Release Notes and the Change Log for 7.4?
We need to program links for the press release.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Need Link information

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Thursday 30 October 2003 18:06, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Guys,
>
> What will be the final home of the Release Notes and the Change Log for
> 7.4? We need to program links for the press release.

We've recently started putting up the release notes on the main site:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/734.php
though that really ought to be put into the build scripts and served up as
.html files.  Current we don't have any place for the change log, though I
suppose we could make a /changelog/ directory of the docs section if you want
one.  Incidentally are you planning on putting in the translated press
releases on the advocacy site?  Also whats the final url for the press kits?

Robert Treat

Re: Need Link information

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> We've recently started putting up the release notes on the main site:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/734.php
> though that really ought to be put into the build scripts and served up as
> .html files.  Current we don't have any place for the change log, though I
> suppose we could make a /changelog/ directory of the docs section if you
> want one.

Doesn't matter to me where it is, as long as I can have a valid URL this week.

> Incidentally are you planning on putting in the translated press
> releases on the advocacy site?  Also whats the final url for the press
> kits?

We were planning on putting them in
advocacy.postgresql.org/releases/74/{language code}/,

e.g.
advocacy.postgresql.org/releases/74/EN/74_press_kit.html

Of course, we may need some help setting this up.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Need Link information

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 16:37, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > We've recently started putting up the release notes on the main site:
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/734.php
> > though that really ought to be put into the build scripts and served up as
> > .html files.  Current we don't have any place for the change log, though I
> > suppose we could make a /changelog/ directory of the docs section if you
> > want one.
>
> Doesn't matter to me where it is, as long as I can have a valid URL this week.

well since no one has popped in with any other suggestions I guess we'll
do that.  If you have the completed files you can send them to me and I
will commit them to cvs.

> > Incidentally are you planning on putting in the translated press
> > releases on the advocacy site?  Also whats the final url for the press
> > kits?
>
> We were planning on putting them in
> advocacy.postgresql.org/releases/74/{language code}/,

hmm... for these ISTM we will want a news item about the release, and
that news item would hold the full press release. That's how we did it
with 7.3 anyways...

> e.g.
> advocacy.postgresql.org/releases/74/EN/74_press_kit.html
>
> Of course, we may need some help setting this up.

yep, I can add these to CVS if you ship me the files.

Robert Treat

Re: Need Link information

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> well since no one has popped in with any other suggestions I guess we'll
> do that.  If you have the completed files you can send them to me and I
> will commit them to cvs.

I don't have the files, these are things Bruce is generating.  Where are the
changelog etc. for 7.3?

> hmm... for these ISTM we will want a news item about the release, and
> that news item would hold the full press release. That's how we did it
> with 7.3 anyways...

As we dicsussed before, this won't work for 7.4.   First off, the release &
presskit are too long and involved for the translation interface at
advocacy.postgresql.org.   Second, we're getting press kits in some languages
we don't currently have advocacy pages for.

> yep, I can add these to CVS if you ship me the files.

Since you're slammed, maybe Devrim can help us with this?   He has done some
web work on postgresql.org, yes?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Need Link information

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Wednesday 05 November 2003 13:17, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > well since no one has popped in with any other suggestions I guess we'll
> > do that.  If you have the completed files you can send them to me and I
> > will commit them to cvs.
>
> I don't have the files, these are things Bruce is generating.  Where are
> the changelog etc. for 7.3?
>
> > hmm... for these ISTM we will want a news item about the release, and
> > that news item would hold the full press release. That's how we did it
> > with 7.3 anyways...
>
> As we dicsussed before, this won't work for 7.4.   First off, the release &
> presskit are too long and involved for the translation interface at
> advocacy.postgresql.org.   Second, we're getting press kits in some
> languages we don't currently have advocacy pages for.

agreed on the press kits, but it seems like we need some kind of news item on
the advocacy pages....

> > yep, I can add these to CVS if you ship me the files.
>
> Since you're slammed, maybe Devrim can help us with this?   He has done
> some web work on postgresql.org, yes?

my only concern is that we get the stuff into cvs, if someone else wants to
step up and do the work, i wont comnplain.

Robert Treat

Re: Need Link information

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> agreed on the press kits, but it seems like we need some kind of news item
> on the advocacy pages....

Yes.  We can cut-and-paste that from the press kits, though.

> my only concern is that we get the stuff into cvs, if someone else wants to
> step up and do the work, i wont comnplain.

OK.   Will e-mail you if (when) we need help.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Need Link information