Обсуждение: New Event

New Event

От
www@www.postgresql.com (World Wide Web Owner)
Дата:
A new entry has been added to the events database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_event.php?217

Submitted by: gicqueau@hitsw.com
Event: HiT Allora adds support for PostgreSQL
HiT Allora - http://www.hitsw.com/products_services/xmlplatform.html - the leading RDB-to-XML tranformation tool just
addedsupport for PostgreSQL.

Details:

Allora leverages leading edge XML mapping and database technology to give application developers bi-directional access
torelational databases without the need for complex SQL or XSLT programming. Allora speeds development and deployment
byaccurately and transparently transforming data structures between XML elements/attributes and relational database
structures.Once Allora mapping is in place, full bi-directional XML-RDB access is enabled. Allora gives developers a
simplified,consistent XML interface to relational data.
Download your copy today at http://www.hitsw.com/products_services/register/register_allora.html

Re: New Event

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

> HiT Allora - http://www.hitsw.com/products_services/xmlplatform.html - the
> leading RDB-to-XML tranformation tool just added support for PostgreSQL.

I met these people at LinuxWorld and suggested that they submit this to News.
Before I tell them to re-submit as News and not an Event, is their
announcement acceptable?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: New Event

От
"Dave Page"

Fine with me.

Regards, Dave

Re: New Event

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> > HiT Allora - http://www.hitsw.com/products_services/xmlplatform.html - the
> > leading RDB-to-XML tranformation tool just added support for PostgreSQL.
>
> I met these people at LinuxWorld and suggested that they submit this to News.
> Before I tell them to re-submit as News and not an Event, is their
> announcement acceptable?

They might want to add text mentioning pg.  Right now it is only in the
title, and the text is pure marketing.  It needs some content.

Re: New Event

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
>> HiT Allora - http://www.hitsw.com/products_services/xmlplatform.html - the
>> leading RDB-to-XML tranformation tool just added support for PostgreSQL.
>
> I met these people at LinuxWorld and suggested that they submit this to News.
> Before I tell them to re-submit as News and not an Event, is their
> announcement acceptable?

IMHO, most definitely ... any existing product that adds support for us is
definitely news worthy :)

----