Обсуждение: New website code online?

New website code online?

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Hi all,

Um, with all the recent talk about putting new website code online...
has it happened?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: New website code online?

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Monday 23 August 2004 08:09, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Um, with all the recent talk about putting new website code online...
> has it happened?

No.  We need to make a list of content differences between the old code and
the new code and then get the content changes put into place. I started on a
this last week (making the list) but then got busy with other activities. I
plan to work on it more this week, right after weekly news and installing all
the new releases on phppgadmin demo server.

Dave, maybe we should make an official beta.postgresql.org virtual directory
were we can make changes and then switch to once we are content that
everything is caught up.

We do have one other open item as well, and that is the width of the right
menu bar is misaligned with that of the right ad spot, we ought to attempt to
correct that before we go live.

--
Robert Treat

Re: New website code online?

От
"Dave Page"

http://wwwdevel.postgresql.org/
/usr/local/www/portal.postgresql.org/

I've checked-out out the source as user anonymous - that way we can all
do a cvs update when required, however all mods will have to be done in
personal copies of the tree (which is not a bad thing of course).

First problem... Getting this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined
function: clearvariables() in
/usr/local/www/portal.postgresql.org/system/page/news-and-events.php on
line 32

Not sure why - I can't grep that function in Alexey's beta test
directory, and the apache config is essentially the same as
www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org. Anyone got any ideas?

Regards, Dave.

Re: New website code online?

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: New website code online?

От
"Dave Page"

No idea, but as I said, the php config is the same as Alexey's test
site, and it's on the same VM so should have the same libs etc. so I
would expect it to work. If there was an included file that was
relatively referenced, I would expect php to complain that it couldn't
find that before colmpalining about a missing function.

If you can figure it out it would be appreciated (or if Alexey's still
reading, perhaps you can point us in the right direction) - I dunno when
I'll get to it.

Regards Dave

Re: New website code online?

От
Alexey Borzov
Дата:
Hi,

Dave Page wrote:
>>I google'd a bit and clearVariables() seems like a pear
>>function included in HTML/Template/Sigma.php. Are we sure
>>that pear works in wwwdevel?
>
> No idea, but as I said, the php config is the same as Alexey's test
> site, and it's on the same VM so should have the same libs etc. so I
> would expect it to work. If there was an included file that was
> relatively referenced, I would expect php to complain that it couldn't
> find that before colmpalining about a missing function.
>
> If you can figure it out it would be appreciated (or if Alexey's still
> reading, perhaps you can point us in the right direction) - I dunno when
> I'll get to it.

Sorry, Devrim is right and the problem is PEAR-related.

I wasn't able for obvious reasons to change the global PEAR
installation, thus I installed the needed PEAR packages locally, my site
uses this installation, not the system one.

Here is the list, pay attention to versions as well:

Installed packages:
===================
Package                   Version State
Archive_Tar               1.2     stable
Console_Getopt            1.2     stable
HTML_Common               1.2.1   stable
HTML_QuickForm            3.2.3   stable
HTML_QuickForm_Controller 1.0.2   stable
HTML_Template_Sigma       1.1.1   stable
HTTP_Client               1.0.0   stable
HTTP_Request              1.2.2   stable
Log                       1.8.5   stable
Net_Socket                1.0.2   stable
Net_URL                   1.0.14  stable
PEAR                      1.3.1   stable
XML_Parser                1.2.0   stable
XML_RPC                   1.1.0   stable
XML_Serializer            0.9.1   beta
XML_Util                  0.6.1   stable

Also the file PEAR.php is patched, as the stock version has a "memory
leak" and the mirroring script will be unable to process the site.

Re: New website code online?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> I wasn't able for obvious reasons to change the global PEAR installation,

*roll eyes* I did ask if there were any that needed to be installed ...
several times :(

> Here is the list, pay attention to versions as well:
>
> Installed packages:
> ===================
> Package                   Version State
> Archive_Tar               1.2     stable
> Console_Getopt            1.2     stable
> HTML_Common               1.2.1   stable
> HTML_QuickForm            3.2.3   stable
> HTML_QuickForm_Controller 1.0.2   stable
> HTML_Template_Sigma       1.1.1   stable
> HTTP_Client               1.0.0   stable
> HTTP_Request              1.2.2   stable
> Log                       1.8.5   stable
> Net_Socket                1.0.2   stable
> Net_URL                   1.0.14  stable
> PEAR                      1.3.1   stable
> XML_Parser                1.2.0   stable
> XML_RPC                   1.1.0   stable
> XML_Serializer            0.9.1   beta
> XML_Util                  0.6.1   stable

Once the DB server is back up, I'll go through the list and install any
that are missing ...

----

Re: New website code online?

От
"Dave Page"

Hang on - if part of one is patched, and the version numbers are
important, perhaps we should keep a site specific copy. I already copied
Alexey's tree to /usr/local/www/portal.postgresql.org/pear - I just
can't properly test things with the DB down.

/D

Re: New website code online?

От
Alexey Borzov
Дата:
Hi,

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> I wasn't able for obvious reasons to change the global PEAR installation,
>
> *roll eyes* I did ask if there were any that needed to be installed ...
> several times :(

Sorry for this, but I figured out it was a bit faster to install the stuff
locally than to email you each time I needed to upgrade a package. ;)

Besides, as already mentioned, I had to patch a file. Which leads to the
question, what do we do with it? The change required is in the official CVS
repository [1] but a new package version was not yet released.

[1] http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/php-src/pear/PEAR.php?r1=1.81&r2=1.82&ty=h

Re: New website code online?

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 05:09, Alexey Borzov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dave Page wrote:
> >>I google'd a bit and clearVariables() seems like a pear
> >>function included in HTML/Template/Sigma.php. Are we sure
> >>that pear works in wwwdevel?
> >
> > No idea, but as I said, the php config is the same as Alexey's test
> > site, and it's on the same VM so should have the same libs etc. so I
> > would expect it to work. If there was an included file that was
> > relatively referenced, I would expect php to complain that it couldn't
> > find that before colmpalining about a missing function.
> >
> > If you can figure it out it would be appreciated (or if Alexey's still
> > reading, perhaps you can point us in the right direction) - I dunno when
> > I'll get to it.
>
> Sorry, Devrim is right and the problem is PEAR-related.
>
> I wasn't able for obvious reasons to change the global PEAR
> installation, thus I installed the needed PEAR packages locally, my site
> uses this installation, not the system one.
>
> Here is the list, pay attention to versions as well:
>
> Installed packages:
> ===================
> Package                   Version State
> Archive_Tar               1.2     stable
> Console_Getopt            1.2     stable
> HTML_Common               1.2.1   stable
> HTML_QuickForm            3.2.3   stable
> HTML_QuickForm_Controller 1.0.2   stable
> HTML_Template_Sigma       1.1.1   stable
> HTTP_Client               1.0.0   stable
> HTTP_Request              1.2.2   stable
> Log                       1.8.5   stable
> Net_Socket                1.0.2   stable
> Net_URL                   1.0.14  stable
> PEAR                      1.3.1   stable
> XML_Parser                1.2.0   stable
> XML_RPC                   1.1.0   stable
> XML_Serializer            0.9.1   beta
> XML_Util                  0.6.1   stable
>
> Also the file PEAR.php is patched, as the stock version has a "memory
> leak" and the mirroring script will be unable to process the site.

Maybe I am the only one, but I didn't see any file attached?

Robert Treat