Обсуждение: archives.postgresql.org cleaned up ... and rebuilding ...

archives.postgresql.org cleaned up ... and rebuilding ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On a temporary URL of svr5.postgresql.org right now, until its done, but

     - fixed last-modified date
     - moved google adsense banner to the right side
     - removed top/right banner
     - fixed up the fonts being used

Also, found a 'bug' with my SQL query used for the top left banner, which
was affecting its performance, so that should be more responsive now as
well (drop'd query time from 190ms to 3ms) ...

If ppl can go to http://svr5.postgresql.org and browser around, see if
there are any obvious errors before I put it live ...

Also, if someone wants to submit better 'per list' write ups, or
appropriate ones for lists they are maintaining (ie. the Spanish list has
a Spanish write up, maybe the German/French and Turkish ones could too?),
please send me over text to put in place ... some of them are *very*
sparse, to nil ...

I'm going to put it live in a few hours ...

----

Re: archives.postgresql.org cleaned up ... and rebuilding ...

От
"John Hansen"
Дата:
> On a temporary URL of svr5.postgresql.org right now, until
> its done, but ...
>
>      - fixed last-modified date

lwp-request -de -mHEAD
http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-09/index.php

Still no last-modified header...

>      - moved google adsense banner to the right side
>      - removed top/right banner
>      - fixed up the fonts being used

Re: archives.postgresql.org cleaned up ... and rebuilding

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, John Hansen wrote:

>> On a temporary URL of svr5.postgresql.org right now, until
>> its done, but ...
>>
>>      - fixed last-modified date
>
> lwp-request -de -mHEAD
> http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-09/index.php
>
> Still no last-modified header...

I only enabled it on the messages themselves ... the index files pretty
much change several times a day anyway ... check

http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-09/msg00059.php

instead ...

----

Re: archives.postgresql.org cleaned up ... and

От
John Hansen
Дата:
> I only enabled it on the messages themselves ... the index files pretty
> much change several times a day anyway ... check
>
> http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-09/msg00059.php
>
> instead ...

Ahhh.... sweet,... looks good.

Re: archives.postgresql.org cleaned up ... and rebuilding

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On a temporary URL of svr5.postgresql.org right now, until its done, but
>
>      - fixed last-modified date

looks good. I don't know what is (envelope-from bla-bla...)  means, but
jopefully our parser just ignores it.

zen:~$>curl -I http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2001-12/msg00879.php
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:53:20 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_perl/1.29 PHP/4.3.3RC1

>      - moved google adsense banner to the right side
>      - removed top/right banner
>      - fixed up the fonts being used
>
> Also, found a 'bug' with my SQL query used for the top left banner, which
> was affecting its performance, so that should be more responsive now as
> well (drop'd query time from 190ms to 3ms) ...
>
> If ppl can go to http://svr5.postgresql.org and browser around, see if
> there are any obvious errors before I put it live ...
>
> Also, if someone wants to submit better 'per list' write ups, or
> appropriate ones for lists they are maintaining (ie. the Spanish list has
> a Spanish write up, maybe the German/French and Turkish ones could too?),
> please send me over text to put in place ... some of them are *very*
> sparse, to nil ...
>
> I'm going to put it live in a few hours ...
>
> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

    Regards,
        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: archives.postgresql.org cleaned up ... and rebuilding

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

>> On a temporary URL of svr5.postgresql.org right now, until its done, but
>>
>>      - fixed last-modified date
>
> looks good. I don't know what is (envelope-from bla-bla...)  means, but
> jopefully our parser just ignores it.
>
> zen:~$>curl -I http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2001-12/msg00879.php
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:53:20 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_perl/1.29 PHP/4.3.3RC1
> Last-Modified: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:21:21 -0500 (EST)    (envelope-from gregw@com-stock.com)

Ack ... none of the messages that I'd checked had that ... can you confirm
whether or not your parser does ignore it??  If it does cause a problem,
I'll try and figure out a way to get rid of it :( If it is benign, all the
better though ...

I have the archves updated hourly now as well ...

----

Re: archives.postgresql.org cleaned up ... and rebuilding

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >

> >> On a temporary URL of svr5.postgresql.org right now, until its done, but
> >>
> >>      - fixed last-modified date
> >
> > looks good. I don't know what is (envelope-from bla-bla...)  means, but
> > jopefully our parser just ignores it.
> >
> > zen:~$>curl -I http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2001-12/msg00879.php
> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> > Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:53:20 GMT
> > Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_perl/1.29 PHP/4.3.3RC1
> > Last-Modified: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:21:21 -0500 (EST)    (envelope-from gregw@com-stock.com)
>
> Ack ... none of the messages that I'd checked had that ... can you confirm
> whether or not your parser does ignore it??  If it does cause a problem,
> I'll try and figure out a way to get rid of it :( If it is benign, all the
> better though ...

no problem, junk is ignored.

> I have the archves updated hourly now as well ...
>

> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

    Regards,
        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: archives.postgresql.org cleaned up ... and rebuilding

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> no problem, junk is ignored.

Good, cause I hadn't figured out a clean way yet of removing the extra :)

Thanks for confirming ...

----