Обсуждение: Google ads gripe

Google ads gripe

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi guys,

I'm sure it's paying for some of the infrastructure, I'm slightly
concerned that virtually every page I visit on Gborg or Archives is
trying to sell me pgsqlmanager or some other commercial PostgreSQL
product, whilst all the ads for pgAdmin and other FOSS tools and
products are now gone.

Whilst I'm sure pgsqlmanager is all very nice, it does leave Open Source
tools somewhat out in the dark and will might well leave people thinking
that the DB server is free, but then we sting them for any tools.

Or is this just me being unfairly biased?

Regards, Dave

Re: Google ads gripe

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm sure it's paying for some of the infrastructure, I'm slightly
> concerned that virtually every page I visit on Gborg or Archives is
> trying to sell me pgsqlmanager or some other commercial PostgreSQL
> product, whilst all the ads for pgAdmin and other FOSS tools and
> products are now gone.
>
> Whilst I'm sure pgsqlmanager is all very nice, it does leave Open Source
> tools somewhat out in the dark and will might well leave people thinking
> that the DB server is free, but then we sting them for any tools.
>
> Or is this just me being unfairly biased?

You being unfairly biased ... whenever I go, I see CommandPrompt as being
the hosting solution *shrug*

----

Re: Google ads gripe

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Dave Page wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm sure it's paying for some of the infrastructure, I'm slightly
> > concerned that virtually every page I visit on Gborg or Archives is
> > trying to sell me pgsqlmanager or some other commercial PostgreSQL
> > product, whilst all the ads for pgAdmin and other FOSS tools and
> > products are now gone.
> >
> > Whilst I'm sure pgsqlmanager is all very nice, it does leave Open Source
> > tools somewhat out in the dark and will might well leave people thinking
> > that the DB server is free, but then we sting them for any tools.
> >
> > Or is this just me being unfairly biased?
>
> You being unfairly biased ... whenever I go, I see CommandPrompt as being
> the hosting solution *shrug*

I kind of like the ads myself.  It shows project activity.

Re: Google ads gripe

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I'm sure it's paying for some of the infrastructure, I'm slightly
>>> concerned that virtually every page I visit on Gborg or Archives is
>>> trying to sell me pgsqlmanager or some other commercial PostgreSQL
>>> product, whilst all the ads for pgAdmin and other FOSS tools and
>>> products are now gone.
>>>
>>> Whilst I'm sure pgsqlmanager is all very nice, it does leave Open Source
>>> tools somewhat out in the dark and will might well leave people thinking
>>> that the DB server is free, but then we sting them for any tools.
>>>
>>> Or is this just me being unfairly biased?
>>
>> You being unfairly biased ... whenever I go, I see CommandPrompt as being
>> the hosting solution *shrug*
>
> I kind of like the ads myself.  It shows project activity.

IMHO, it not only shows project activity, but it shows commercial
involvement in the sense of support tools ...

----

Re: Google ads gripe

От
"Dave Page"