Обсуждение: Problem with pgfoundry ...

Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Just checked the news, and the new beta of pginstaller was released today
... I've just raised MaxClients to 150 from 75, so hopefully that will
prevent a recurrance ...

----

Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
"Dave Page"

Oops, sorry - did we break it? ;-)

Regards, Dave

Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Friday 22 October 2004 03:28, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

Do we need to start thinking of an alternative scheme for getting this out to
people? I'd imagine the loads we see now will pale in comparason to the loads
we see once the final release goes out.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Robert Treat wrote:
<snip>

> Do we need to start thinking of an alternative scheme for getting this out to
> people? I'd imagine the loads we see now will pale in comparason to the loads
> we see once the final release goes out.

Maybe speaking to a few of the mirrors and trial/try having a:

/pgfoundry/<project>/<filename>

area added to the mirror system, then have pgFoundry direct people to that.

It'd probably be a lot of extra disk space needed on the mirrors, thus
my thought of someone speaking to a few of them first to see if they'd
be interested.

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
"John Hansen"
Дата:
> Do we need to start thinking of an alternative scheme for
> getting this out to people? I'd imagine the loads we see now
> will pale in comparason to the loads we see once the final
> release goes out.

Maybe binaries should only be available from mirrors?

... John

Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
"Dave Page"

It's all already there:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/projects/gborg/
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/projects/pgFoundry/

And a symlink for the newbies:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/win32 ->
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/projects/pgFoundry/pginstaller/

Regards, Dave

Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Yup :)  But, that's cool to me ... let me know if you break it again and
I'll up it further ... nice to see the response we're getting to
pginstaller ...

----

Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Friday 22 October 2004 03:28, Dave Page wrote:

Well, we have it on ftp, pgfoundry and bittorrent ... ftp means that all
the mirrors have it also ... are these all mentioned in the announcements?
does pgfoundry allow for an FTP url for download?

----

Re: [Gforge-admins] Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Tom Copeland wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 10:41, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> does pgfoundry allow for an FTP url for download?
>
> Not currently.  We could kind of kludge it in there... but it would be,
> well, a kludge...

well, we did setup ftp.pgfoundry.org ... but, if we could tie the
downloads in like sourceforge has it, where you 'pick a mirror', and tie
that into the mirrors database for ftp.postgresql.org ... ?

----

Re: [Gforge-admins] Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
Tom Copeland
Дата:
On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 10:41, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> does pgfoundry allow for an FTP url for download?

Not currently.  We could kind of kludge it in there... but it would be,
well, a kludge...

Yours,

Tom

Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> > Do we need to start thinking of an alternative scheme for
> getting this
> > out to people? I'd imagine the loads we see now will pale in
> > comparason to the loads we see once the final release goes out.
>
> Well, we have it on ftp, pgfoundry and bittorrent ... ftp
> means that all the mirrors have it also ... are these all
> mentioned in the announcements?

Yup:
"Once the mirrors sync up, this release will also be available from all
the postgresql mirrors in the subdirectory
projects/pgFoundry/pginstaller/."

It's not mentioned on the download page, that's probably why not
everybody uses it. That said, we've only racked up 471 downloads through
pgfoundry so far, I bet a lot of people have grabbed it from the ftp
anyway.

//Magnus

Re: [Gforge-admins] Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Tom Copeland wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 10:57, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> Not currently.  We could kind of kludge it in there... but it would be,
>>> well, a kludge...
>>
>> well, we did setup ftp.pgfoundry.org ... but, if we could tie the
>> downloads in like sourceforge has it, where you 'pick a mirror', and tie
>> that into the mirrors database for ftp.postgresql.org ... ?
>
> Yup, that's the tricky bit - poking around that file download code to
> mirror/redirect it.  Not impossible... but not a built-in thing,
> either...

Any chance the GForge developers would be interested in that sort of
feature add?

----

Re: [Gforge-admins] Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
Tom Copeland
Дата:
On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 11:19, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > Yup, that's the tricky bit - poking around that file download code to
> > mirror/redirect it.  Not impossible... but not a built-in thing,
> > either...
>
> Any chance the GForge developers would be interested in that sort of
> feature add?

Could be - we should put together an RFE for it or something...

Yours,

Tom

Re: [Gforge-admins] Re: Problem with pgfoundry ...

От
Tom Copeland
Дата:
On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 10:57, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Tom Copeland wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 10:41, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >> does pgfoundry allow for an FTP url for download?
> >
> > Not currently.  We could kind of kludge it in there... but it would be,
> > well, a kludge...
>
> well, we did setup ftp.pgfoundry.org ... but, if we could tie the
> downloads in like sourceforge has it, where you 'pick a mirror', and tie
> that into the mirrors database for ftp.postgresql.org ... ?

Yup, that's the tricky bit - poking around that file download code to
mirror/redirect it.  Not impossible... but not a built-in thing,
either...

I've fiddled with that code a little bit before to provide a license
click-thru thingy on another site:

http://cougaar.org/frs/?group_id=17

Yours,

Tom