Обсуждение: Stupid reminder re docs

Stupid reminder re docs

Дата:
I'm sure someone is way ahead of me here, but just in case not --- don't
forget to put the 8.0 final docs in place on the documentation page.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
Emily Boyd
Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm sure someone is way ahead of me here, but just in case not --- don't
> forget to put the 8.0 final docs in place on the documentation page.

I assume that Dave is putting the docs up - I recall that he was doing
some testing of the 8.0 docs earlier. Dave, can you please confirm?

If we can have the docs go up but stay hidden, we'll add the links on
the documentation page when the announcement goes live.

Emily

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
"Dave Page"

Already on it :-)

/D

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
"Dave Page"

Yes, I have loaded the docs into the database. You will need to modify
the current version in global/settings.php, and add appropriate links
from the docs pages.

Lemme know if you need me to do anything further.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
Emily Boyd
Dave Page wrote:
> Yes, I have loaded the docs into the database. You will need to modify
> the current version in global/settings.php, and add appropriate links
> from the docs pages.

Great, thanks.

Just wondering, are PDFs of the 8.0 docs done yet?

> Lemme know if you need me to do anything further.

Can you please have a look at:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit80.html.pl

and

http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit80.html.tr

Both are fine on wwwmaster. pl has a permissions issue and tr has a web
server mime type issue (.tr is being served as application/x-troff).

Thanks,

Emily

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
"Dave Page"

No idea, I cannot remember who does them.

> > Lemme know if you need me to do anything further.
>
> Can you please have a look at:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit80.html.pl

The server thought it was a perl script. Fixed now.

> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit80.html.tr

OK, I commented out the mime type for this one and added tr to the
language list, and the server now serves it as text/html:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:17:35 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) PHP/4.3.9 mod_ssl/2.8.20 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
Last-Modified: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:51:07 GMT
ETag: "728e0f-4a14-41ecdc0b"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

However, I cannot persuade either IE or Firefox to display the file
rather than try to save it. Any ideas?

BTW, we are likely to see these problems on all the mirrors -
particularly the tr one, as that is part of apache's default config.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
"Dave Page"

OK, looks like that was a squid cache issue. Magnus confirms it works OK
for him now as well.

Regards, Dave

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Dave Page wrote:

>> However, I cannot persuade either IE or Firefox to display the file
>> rather than try to save it. Any ideas?
>
> OK, looks like that was a squid cache issue. Magnus confirms it works OK
> for him now as well.

Happy to hear that...
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
http://www.tdmsoft.com                         http://www.gunduz.org

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
"Dave Page"

Hmm, still, it looks like we might need to think about the .htaccess
file we ship to the mirrors some more. Possibly ship a whole set of
custom mime types (so we can remove troff), and change the language
handlers (eg, pl should have a .po extension by default - perhaps
because of the clash with perl scripts).

Thoughts anyone?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

Дата:
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>> Just wondering, are PDFs of the 8.0 docs done yet?

> No idea, I cannot remember who does them.

Peter Eisentraut has done it the last few releases, I think.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 18 January 2005 05:53, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Emily Boyd wrote:
> >> Yes, I have loaded the docs into the database. You will need to modify
> >> the current version in global/settings.php, and add appropriate links
> >> from the docs pages.
> >
> > Great, thanks.
> >
> > Just wondering, are PDFs of the 8.0 docs done yet?
>
> See
>
> http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgsqlrpms-hackers/2005-January/000059.
>html
>
> and the next messages in the thread :)
>
> The process still continues, but could not finish building the PDFs :-)

Kris Jurka is the one who built the 7.4 pdfs and ISTR him saying there were
some issues with building the 8.0 pdfs; course given my fuzzy memory why
don't I just CC him on this email and see if he can bring us up to speed.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
Kris Jurka

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Robert Treat wrote:

> Kris Jurka is the one who built the 7.4 pdfs and ISTR him saying there were
> some issues with building the 8.0 pdfs; course given my fuzzy memory why
> don't I just CC him on this email and see if he can bring us up to speed.

I have not yet tried the 8.0 pdfs.  The 7.4 version was non-trivial, but I
don't expect 8.0 to be much different.  I'll have a crack at it this
afternoon.

Kris Jurka

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
"Joshua D. Drake"

> Kris Jurka is the one who built the 7.4 pdfs and ISTR him saying there were
> some issues with building the 8.0 pdfs; course given my fuzzy memory why
> don't I just CC him on this email and see if he can bring us up to speed.

My recollection is that for some reason it takes a very, very long time
to generate the PDFs.

--
Command Prompt, Inc., your source for PostgreSQL replication,
professional support, programming, managed services, shared

Вложения

Re: Stupid reminder re docs

От
Kris Jurka