Обсуждение: Any part of the techdocs/Zope stuff actually work?

Any part of the techdocs/Zope stuff actually work?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Not sure if that whole aspect is  broken, or just parts of it ... if the
whole thing, is there a reason why we still need the Zope server running?

----

Re: Any part of the techdocs/Zope stuff actually work?

От
"Dave Page"

Thought of that the other day - I couldn't find anything that didn't
seem to work, so I assume it's not required anymore. Robert/Justin might
know otherwise though.

/D

Re: Any part of the techdocs/Zope stuff actually work?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"

'k, shutdown, and let's see if anyone 'notices' ...

----

Re: Any part of the techdocs/Zope stuff actually work?

От
"Gavin M. Roy"
Дата:
There were functional parts I was pulling content from for my revision
of the site, but I can grab them from the front-end just as easily.

Gavin

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 'k, shutdown, and let's see if anyone 'notices' ...
>
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Dave Page wrote:

Дата:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Gavin M. Roy wrote:

> There were functional parts I was pulling content from for my revision of the
> site, but I can grab them from the front-end just as easily.

'k, let me know if it needs to be restarted at any point, and I can easily
do that ... was just trying to clean up process space a bit, and knew
that's been broken for awhile now ...

> Gavin
>
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

>> 'k, shutdown, and let's see if anyone 'notices' ...

Robert Treat
Дата:
Yikes!  Can't take my eyes off you guys for a second.  All of the "guides"
content was still functional and runs on zope, so please turn that back on
(http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/SetReturningFunctions is an example,
along with a windows page and a guitools page among others)

Robert Treat

On Monday 31 January 2005 15:21, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> > There were functional parts I was pulling content from for my revision of
> > the site, but I can grab them from the front-end just as easily.
>
> 'k, let me know if it needs to be restarted at any point, and I can easily
> do that ... was just trying to clean up process space a bit, and knew
> that's been broken for awhile now ...
>
> > Gavin
> >
> > Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >> 'k, shutdown, and let's see if anyone 'notices' ...

Oh, so the Zope stuff wasn't broken? Or just bits of it?

Anyway, is it really needed? Can the the content be easily moved into
php? Can I get any more questions into this email?

:-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: Any part of the techdocs/Zope stuff actually work?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
done

----

Re: Any part of the techdocs/Zope stuff actually work?

От
Justin Clift
Dave Page wrote:
<snip>
> Thought of that the other day - I couldn't find anything that didn't
> seem to work, so I assume it's not required anymore. Robert/Justin might
> know otherwise though.

The Wiki area on Techdodcs (/guides directory) still works fine, but the
Plone area (/v2 directory) has been broken for a while.

Marc, can you please turn it back on?  All the pages in the Guides area
are now offline.  :(

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
"One who sees the invisible can do the impossible."
  + Frank Gaines

Re: Any part of the techdocs/Zope stuff actually work?

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Monday 31 January 2005 17:34, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

The plone stuff (which runs on zope) was (actually still is) broken, but not
the regular zope stuff.

> Anyway, is it really needed? Can the the content be easily moved into
> php? Can I get any more questions into this email?

It was using the zwiki framework of which there are advantages to using a wiki
for some of whats up there, though all of the content could be moved into php
if you are so inclined.  Since Gavin had volunteered to rewrite/port the site
to a new framework, I've once again put techdocs code development toward the
bottom of my todo list.

--
Robert Treat