Обсуждение: Searches resulting in 414 Request URI too long

Searches resulting in 414 Request URI too long

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
A few times in the past day I've gotten 414 (Request URI too long)
errors while searching through the mailing list archives.  I haven't
figured out a 100% repeatable test case yet, but you can eventually
see what's happening by doing the following:

1. Go to http://archives.postgresql.org/

2. Search for something (e.g., "foo").

3. Move between result pages by clicking Next, Previous, or one of
   the page numbers.  Do this several times and eventually the URI
   gets excessively long.  Sometimes it happens right away but
   sometimes it requires numerous clicks.

The A tags for the result pages' links go from something like

and then they get longer, with numerous instances of "ul=...".
Eventually they get too long and the web server responds with
414 Request URI too long.

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: Searches resulting in 414 Request URI too long

От
"John Hansen"
Дата:
Should be fixed now,....

... John

ugs%2F%25&cs=utf-8&fm=on&gr=off&st=20&np=2">

> and then they get longer, with numerous instances of "ul=...".
> Eventually they get too long and the web server responds with
> 414 Request URI too long.
>
> --
> Michael Fuhr
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Searches resulting in 414 Request URI too long

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 07:42:52PM +1100, John Hansen wrote:
> Should be fixed now,....

Nope -- I'm still seeing the behavior I reported.  Sometimes it
takes a while, but eventually the links' query strings contain
several ul variables.  All I'm doing is clicking on Previous, Next,
and the page numbers.

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: Searches resulting in 414 Request URI too long

От
"John Hansen"
Дата:
Okay,...

Seems the apache module is faulty... :(
Switched to cgi while I hunt for the bug...

Let me know if the cgi has the same fault,. Tho it doesn't look like it...

... John