Обсуждение: Archives down?

Archives down?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi Joshua,

Nagios has been complaining that the archives server appears to be down
- can you take a look please? I'd CC or call your support people as
well, but your website seems to be similarly affected.

Regards, Dave

Re: Archives down?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Odd, I can ping it, just can't connect to the web server from here either

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Dave Page wrote:

> Hi Joshua,
>
> Nagios has been complaining that the archives server appears to be down
> - can you take a look please? I'd CC or call your support people as
> well, but your website seems to be similarly affected.
>
> Regards, Dave

>       match

----

Re: Archives down?

От
"Larry Rosenman"
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Odd, I can ping it, just can't connect to the web server from here
> either ...

It appears from what I see here that the webserver doesn't respond.

FWIW

> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> Hi Joshua,
>>
>> Nagios has been complaining that the archives server appears to be
>> down - can you take a look please? I'd CC or call your support
>> people as well, but your website seems to be similarly affected.
>>
>> Regards, Dave
>>
>> ---------------------------(end of
>> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: In versions below 8.0,
>>       the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if
>> your joining column's datatypes do not       match
>>

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org) Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!:
> yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3683 US

Re: Archives down?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Appears to be back up now ...

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> Odd, I can ping it, just can't connect to the web server from here
>> either ...
>>

> It appears from what I see here that the webserver doesn't respond.
>
> FWIW
>>
>> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Joshua,
>>>
>>> Nagios has been complaining that the archives server appears to be
>>> down - can you take a look please? I'd CC or call your support
>>> people as well, but your website seems to be similarly affected.
>>>
>>> Regards, Dave
>>>
>>> ---------------------------(end of
>>> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: In versions below 8.0,
>>>       the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if
>>> your joining column's datatypes do not       match
>>>

>> ----
>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
>> (http://www.hub.org) Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!:
>> yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

>>                http://archives.postgresql.org
>

> --
> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
> US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3683 US

----

Re: Archives down?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Oops, sorry ... okay, I've moved archives back to svr5 for now, until we
hear from joshua ... I only have his email, none of his pager stuff :(

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> Odd, I can ping it, just can't connect to the web server from here
>> either ...
>>

> It appears from what I see here that the webserver doesn't respond.
>
> FWIW
>>
>> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Joshua,
>>>
>>> Nagios has been complaining that the archives server appears to be
>>> down - can you take a look please? I'd CC or call your support
>>> people as well, but your website seems to be similarly affected.
>>>
>>> Regards, Dave
>>>
>>> ---------------------------(end of
>>> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: In versions below 8.0,
>>>       the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if
>>> your joining column's datatypes do not       match
>>>

>> ----
>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
>> (http://www.hub.org) Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!:
>> yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

>>                http://archives.postgresql.org
>

> --
> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
> US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3683 US

----

Re: Archives down?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Oops, sorry ... okay, I've moved archives back to svr5 for now, until
> we hear from joshua ... I only have his email, none of his pager stuff :(
800 number is on the website (which was down ;).

It is back up. I have removed the offending process and the problem
should now be resolved.

Joshua D. Drake

> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
>> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>> Odd, I can ping it, just can't connect to the web server from here
>>> either ...
>>>

>> It appears from what I see here that the webserver doesn't respond.
>>
>> FWIW

>>> ----
>>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
>>> (http://www.hub.org) Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!:
>>> yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

>>>                http://archives.postgresql.org
>>

>> --
>> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
>> Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
>> US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3683 US
>>

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
> 7615664

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Archives down?

От
"Dave Page"
> It is back up. I have removed the offending process and the problem
> should now be resolved.

Thanks Joshua. Out of interest, is your site on the same box? It seemed to be similarly affected which is why I
couldn'tfind any other way to contact your helldesk.

/D

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Oops, sorry ... okay, I've moved archives back to svr5 for now, until
> we hear from joshua ... I only have his email, none of his pager stuff :(
800 number is on the website (which was down ;).

It is back up. I have removed the offending process and the problem
should now be resolved.

Joshua D. Drake

> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
>> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>> Odd, I can ping it, just can't connect to the web server from here
>>> either ...
>>>

>> It appears from what I see here that the webserver doesn't respond.
>>
>> FWIW

>>> ----
>>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
>>> (http://www.hub.org) Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!:
>>> yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

>>>                http://archives.postgresql.org
>>

>> --
>> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
>> Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
>> US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3683 US
>>

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
> 7615664

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Archives down?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
>> It is back up. I have removed the offending process and the problem
>> should now be resolved.
>
> Thanks Joshua. Out of interest, is your site on the same box? It seemed to be similarly affected which is why I
couldn'tfind any other way to contact your helldesk.
Yes it is :). Archives are very non-intensive so I just put them on a
shared host. The offending process has been completely removed
so I don't think it shall be an issue in the future.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Archives down?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Perfect, thanks ... DNS switched back again ...

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> Oops, sorry ... okay, I've moved archives back to svr5 for now, until we
>> hear from joshua ... I only have his email, none of his pager stuff :(
> 800 number is on the website (which was down ;).
>
> It is back up. I have removed the offending process and the problem should
> now be resolved.
>
> Joshua D. Drake

>>> It appears from what I see here that the webserver doesn't respond.
>>>
>>> FWIW

>>> --
>>> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
>>> Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
>>> US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3683 US
>>>

>> ----
>> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
>> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664
>

> --
> The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564
> Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
> Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/

----

Re: Archives down?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Is there some way, similar to my text-message, that we can use to reach
you in a hurry in the future?

----

Re: Archives down?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
>> Yes it is :). Archives are very non-intensive so I just put them on a
>> shared host. The offending process has been completely removed
>> so I don't think it shall be an issue in the future.
>
> Is there some way, similar to my text-message, that we can use to
> reach you in a hurry in the future?
The 1800 number is best because they know how to get a hold of me, when
I don't want to be gotten a hold of ;).
They also know how to get a hold of the other 11 people that can help
with this problem :)

Just remember that you must agree to emergency rates (I am obviously not
going to bill you). If you don't they
won't call us.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
> 7615664

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Archives down?

От
"Magnus Hagander"
> >> Yes it is :). Archives are very non-intensive so I just
> put them on a
> >> shared host. The offending process has been completely
> removed so I
> >> don't think it shall be an issue in the future.
> >
> > Is there some way, similar to my text-message, that we can use to
> > reach you in a hurry in the future?
> The 1800 number is best because they know how to get a hold
> of me, when I don't want to be gotten a hold of ;).
> They also know how to get a hold of the other 11 people that
> can help with this problem :)

Is that number callable from outside the US? (I've been bitten many
times by not being able to call 1-800 numbers from abroad.. Not sure if
it applies to all numbers or just some, but it definitly applies to
some).

//Magnus

Re: Archives down?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Is that number callable from outside the US? (I've been bitten many
> times by not being able to call 1-800 numbers from abroad.. Not sure if
> it applies to all numbers or just some, but it definitly applies to
> some).

I would assume so but you would have to make it an international
call... 0111800

I think..

SIncerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> //Magnus

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Archives down?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> put them on a
>> removed so I
>>>
>>> Is there some way, similar to my text-message, that we can use to
>>> reach you in a hurry in the future?
>> The 1800 number is best because they know how to get a hold
>> of me, when I don't want to be gotten a hold of ;).
>> They also know how to get a hold of the other 11 people that
>> can help with this problem :)
>
> Is that number callable from outside the US? (I've been bitten many
> times by not being able to call 1-800 numbers from abroad.. Not sure if
> it applies to all numbers or just some, but it definitly applies to
> some).

You can always page me and then I can page Joshua, no biggie there ...

----