Обсуждение: Spam filtering for mailing lists

Spam filtering for mailing lists

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Spam filtering for mailing lists

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Freitag, 27. Januar 2006 13:56 schrieb Greg Sabino Mullane:
> Could we implement some sort of spam filtering on the mail server
> for gborg? The dbdpg-general list is being flooded with spam, and
> even a simple SpamAssassin filter with a relatively high number
> would drop the number by quite a bit. I'm having to clear 100+
> messages out of the mailman queue every few days now.

What's the problem?  Just leave them there and let them expire.

--
Peter Eisentraut

"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Spam filtering for mailing lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Done ... email now goes throgh both GreyListing *and* Amavisd, which is
setup for anti-spam and virus ...

----

Re: Spam filtering for mailing lists

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> What's the problem?  Just leave them there and let them expire.
>
> (1) As far as I know, they don't "expire".
>
> (2) There are legitimate messages that need to be approved
> occasionally. If there weren't, we could simply drop all
> messages from non-subscribers.

Ummm, one thing to note, we don't have spamassassin set to auto-kill
anything, you have to setup some sort of filter on your end for that ...
with Majordomo2, we have it as an access_rule, but I don't know how to do
it with mailman ...

----

Re: Spam filtering for mailing lists

От
Kenneth Marshall
Дата:
Speaking of subscribing, how does one subscribe to avoid the
moderation delay? I receive the mailings but all of my postings
are delayed.

Ken

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 01:50:13PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Spam filtering for mailing lists

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"