Обсуждение: pgsql-announce not being delivered?

pgsql-announce not being delivered?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
All,

I just took a brief survey on IRC and found that 70% of the people there
didn't get the release announcement.  I didn't get it, nor PWN either.
For that matter, I haven't gotten anything on -announce since December.

It could be spam filtering issues, but if so they're quite widespread; it
seems that most of our community is not getting most of the -announce
posts.   Any idea how to diagnose this?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: pgsql-announce not being delivered?

Дата:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I just took a brief survey on IRC and found that 70% of the people there
> didn't get the release announcement.  I didn't get it, nor PWN either.
> For that matter, I haven't gotten anything on -announce since December.

FWIW, it took almost 2 hours to come through to me --- see attached
headers.  The delay seems entirely the fault of the postgresql.org to
mx1.hub.org hop.  Dunno if that helps diagnose anything.
        regards, tom lane

From: Josh Berkus <josh@postgresql.org>
To: pgsql-announce@postgresql.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL security update available now
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:32:44 -0800
Sender: pgsql-announce-owner@postgresql.org

------- End of Forwarded Message

Re: pgsql-announce not being delivered?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Marc,

> Can you resend the announce you sent this morning ... ?  I hate to have it
> sent out twice, but its important enough, and I believe that I've corrected
> the major problem causing the failed delivery, and would rather not have to
> wait until the next announce goes out ...

Well, that worked, but it somehow also "unstuck" the previous message.  So a
lot of people are about to get 2 copies of the release, and I'm about to get
a lot of annoyed e-mail.  Oh, well, at least it's working now.

Possibly related: previously I was getting the false "duplicate posting"
messages.  I'm not getting them now.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: pgsql-announce not being delivered?

Дата:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Well, that worked, but it somehow also "unstuck" the previous message.

A bunch of other recent pgsql-announce messages seem to have come
"unstuck" too ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql-announce not being delivered?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: pgsql-announce not being delivered?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: pgsql-announce not being delivered?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: pgsql-announce not being delivered?

От
Dave Page
Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Well, that worked, but it somehow also "unstuck" the previous message.
>
> A bunch of other recent pgsql-announce messages seem to have come
> "unstuck" too ...

I got a whole heap of other messages from days gone by on various lists.
I wonder if Marc just found the missing posts problem people have
reported on and off for a while.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgsql-announce not being delivered?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 05:37:23PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> > I just took a brief survey on IRC and found that 70% of the people there
> > didn't get the release announcement.  I didn't get it, nor PWN either.
> > For that matter, I haven't gotten anything on -announce since December.
>
> FWIW, it took almost 2 hours to come through to me --- see attached
> headers.  The delay seems entirely the fault of the postgresql.org to
> mx1.hub.org hop.  Dunno if that helps diagnose anything.

This is not uncommon at all - it happens all the time. Not just for
-announce, happens for all the lists. Has been reported many times
before.

//Magnus

Re: pgsql-announce not being delivered?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 05:37:23PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>>> I just took a brief survey on IRC and found that 70% of the people there
>>> didn't get the release announcement.  I didn't get it, nor PWN either.
>>> For that matter, I haven't gotten anything on -announce since December.
>> FWIW, it took almost 2 hours to come through to me --- see attached
>> headers.  The delay seems entirely the fault of the postgresql.org to
>> mx1.hub.org hop.  Dunno if that helps diagnose anything.
>
> This is not uncommon at all - it happens all the time. Not just for
> -announce, happens for all the lists. Has been reported many times
> before.

It has also been complained about on multiple occassions by many
different people.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/