Обсуждение: Old SoC page

Old SoC page

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
The page at http://www.postgresql.org/developer/summerofcode still
referes to last year SoC.

I would suggest we remove it until such a point that we can add a page
for the new set of SoC. Or we update it for the new SoC ASAP. the way it
is now, people who go looking for SoC info may end up not noticing that
it's last years information. I know it says 2006, but that doesn't mean
people will read it :-)

//Magnus

Re: Old SoC page

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 27 February 2007 04:15, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> The page at http://www.postgresql.org/developer/summerofcode still
> referes to last year SoC.
>
> I would suggest we remove it until such a point that we can add a page
> for the new set of SoC. Or we update it for the new SoC ASAP. the way it
> is now, people who go looking for SoC info may end up not noticing that
> it's last years information. I know it says 2006, but that doesn't mean
> people will read it :-)

AIUI Berkus is working on a patch for it, which is why I held off.  Most of
the information is relevant enough I think we should leave it for now. If no
patch materializes by the weekend I'll gin up a few spare cycles.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Old SoC page

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> AIUI Berkus is working on a patch for it,

Yes.   I'm waiting for Google to announce the new schedule.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Old SoC page

От
"Nikolay Samokhvalov"
Дата:
On 2/27/07, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> > AIUI Berkus is working on a patch for it,
>
> Yes.   I'm waiting for Google to announce the new schedule.

Here it is: http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60325&topic=10729

(I've just noticed that one guy confused with old Postgres' SoC page
too -- he thought that application deadline is May 8th :-/ )

--
Best regards,
Nikolay

Re: Old SoC page

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Nikolay,

> Here it is:
> http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60325&topic=10729

Yep.  I'll be working on a new page this week.  If people are being very
confused, maybe Robert or someone could add this single sentence at the top:

"This is the page for PostgreSQL's 2006 SoC participation.  The 2007 page will
be available soon."

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Old SoC page

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Monday 05 March 2007 12:36, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Nikolay,
>
> > Here it is:
> > http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60325&topic=10729
>
> Yep.  I'll be working on a new page this week.  If people are being very
> confused, maybe Robert or someone could add this single sentence at the
> top:
>
> "This is the page for PostgreSQL's 2006 SoC participation.  The 2007 page
> will be available soon."

I did a more comprehensive update last night, check it out and lmk if you need
any changes.

--
Robert Treat