Обсуждение: DNS for wwwmaster broken?

DNS for wwwmaster broken?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Everything I attempt to do a DNS lookup on from wwwmaster appears to
return referrals only. Did recursion get turned off somehow?

I can't lookup *anything* at all when logged in to wwwmaster. This makes
all our forms that accept email addresses fail, since they all attempt
to resolve the domain to make sure it works.

Can someone who knows enough about what should be there look into this
soonest, please? I have to leave :-(

//Magnus

Re: DNS for wwwmaster broken?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: DNS for wwwmaster broken?

От
"Gavin M. Roy"
Дата:
It's me... I did have a hardware failure on my dns server and just need to remove 51 from the list.  Will do so now.

Gavin

On 3/13/07, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

Re: DNS for wwwmaster broken?

От
"Gavin M. Roy"
Дата:
All fixed.

On 3/13/07, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

Re: DNS for wwwmaster broken?

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 04:20:50PM -0700, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> It's me... I did have a hardware failure on my dns server and just need to
> remove 51 from the list.  Will do so now.

That doesn't explain the failures, though: the resolver should be
smart enough to go to the second one if the first one doesn't answer.

It probably _would_ be a good idea to put a caching nameserver
somewhere in the mix, in any case, if only to reduce load.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.                --Brad Holland