Обсуждение: Techdocs bug ... new page is instantly lost

Techdocs bug ... new page is instantly lost

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Techdocs home page
Create subpage
Give it name and short name
Add contents
Save
Go to wwwmaster
Approve

Can't find new page.  Where did it go?  How do I link to it?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Techdocs bug ... new page is instantly lost

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Techdocs home page
> Create subpage
> Give it name and short name
> Add contents
> Save
> Go to wwwmaster
> Approve
>
> Can't find new page.  Where did it go?  How do I link to it?

Josh,

My guess is that it's on wwwmaster, but when you went back to techdocs
you were auto bounced to one of the static servers which wouldn't
necessarily get the new page for an hour or so - and even then it would
need to be linked first before the spider would see it.

So; Josh - make sure you check for the new page on wwwmaster, not www,
and use the Force when you link to it. You know it's there really :-)

Magnus - Should we have a auto-generated master index of pages someplace
to ensure everything gets spidered?

Regards, Dave

Re: Techdocs bug ... new page is instantly lost

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 08:44:40AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Techdocs home page
> > Create subpage
> > Give it name and short name
> > Add contents
> > Save
> > Go to wwwmaster
> > Approve
> >
> > Can't find new page.  Where did it go?  How do I link to it?
> >

> Josh,
>
> My guess is that it's on wwwmaster, but when you went back to techdocs
> you were auto bounced to one of the static servers which wouldn't
> necessarily get the new page for an hour or so - and even then it would
> need to be linked first before the spider would see it.
>
> So; Josh - make sure you check for the new page on wwwmaster, not www,
> and use the Force when you link to it. You know it's there really :-)
>
> Magnus - Should we have a auto-generated master index of pages someplace
> to ensure everything gets spidered?

The pages are all linked autoamtically from the menu on the parent page, so
there should be no need to create a separate index for *that* reason. If
there are other reasons, it could still be done of course :-P

//Magnus

Re: Techdocs bug ... new page is instantly lost

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Magnus,

> The pages are all linked autoamtically from the menu on the parent page, so
> there should be no need to create a separate index for *that* reason. If
> there are other reasons, it could still be done of course :-P

Apparently not.  There are several existing pages which aren't linked.  My
guess is that this index stopped building some time ago.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Techdocs bug ... new page is instantly lost

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,
>
>> The pages are all linked autoamtically from the menu on the parent page, so
>> there should be no need to create a separate index for *that* reason. If
>> there are other reasons, it could still be done of course :-P
>
> Apparently not.  There are several existing pages which aren't linked.  My
> guess is that this index stopped building some time ago.

Can you give me a direct link for one of them so I can investigate? (or
the link that should work, if it doesn't)

//Magnus

Re: Techdocs bug ... new page is instantly lost

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Magnus,

> Can you give me a direct link for one of them so I can investigate? (or
> the link that should work, if it doesn't)

That's the problem, I don't have a link.  The system doesn't return the ID of
the newly approved page.  So how am I supposed to find it?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Techdocs bug ... new page is instantly lost

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,
>
>> Can you give me a direct link for one of them so I can investigate? (or
>> the link that should work, if it doesn't)
>
> That's the problem, I don't have a link.  The system doesn't return the ID of
> the newly approved page.  So how am I supposed to find it?

Ah, ok. Got a title of the page that got lost then?

//Magnus

Re: Techdocs bug ... new page is instantly lost

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Magnus,

> Ah, ok. Got a title of the page that got lost then?

"Events"

I'm putting it on the developer wiki at this point, though.  So just delete
it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Techdocs bug ... new page is instantly lost

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 06:36:45PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,
>
> > Ah, ok. Got a title of the page that got lost then?
>
> "Events"
>
> I'm putting it on the developer wiki at this point, though.  So just delete
> it.

Are you referring to "Community Events", that's perfectly accessible at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.80 ?

//Magnus