Обсуждение: Moderation for events?

Moderation for events?

От
Chander Ganesan
Дата:
This morning I sent an email to -announce...but haven't seen it come
across yet.  Perhaps it is stuck somewhere in a moderation queue?

thanks

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.

Re: Moderation for events?

От
"Guido Barosio"
Дата:
href="mailto:chander@otg-nc.com">chander@otg-nc.com</a>>wrote:<br /><blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="border-left:1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">This morning I sent an
emailto -announce...but haven't seen it come across yet.  Perhaps it is stuck somewhere in a moderation queue?<br /><br
/>Morrisville, NC  27560<br /> 919-463-0999/877-258-8987<br /><a href="http://www.otg-nc.com"
list(<a href="mailto:pgsql-www@postgresql.org" target="_blank">pgsql-www@postgresql.org</a>)<br /> To make changes to
href="http://www.globant.com">http://www.globant.com</a><br/><a
href="mailto:guido.barosio@globant.com">guido.barosio@globant.com</a>

Re: Moderation for events?

От
Chander Ganesan
Дата:
It was "Open Technology Group, Inc. announces PostgreSQL High
Availability Training", I just re-sent it.

chander

--

Guido Barosio wrote:
> Chander,
>
>     I am not  being able to find your post, can you provide the subject?
Okay.  I guess I read this before I checked my folder for -announce,
since someone else apparently found and approved it.  Can someone please
be sure to not approve my re-sent event.

Sorry :-(

chander

> Regards,
> gb.-
>
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Chander Ganesan <chander@otg-nc.com
> <mailto:chander@otg-nc.com>> wrote:
>
>     This morning I sent an email to -announce...but haven't seen it
>     come across yet.  Perhaps it is stuck somewhere in a moderation queue?
>
>     thanks
>
>     --
>     Chander Ganesan
>     Open Technology Group, Inc.
>     One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
>     Morrisville, NC  27560
>     919-463-0999/877-258-8987
>     http://www.otg-nc.com
>

>     --
>

> --
> Guido Barosio
> -----------------------
> http://www.globant.com
> guido.barosio@globant.com <mailto:guido.barosio@globant.com>

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
919-463-0999/877-258-8987
http://www.otg-nc.com

Re: Moderation for events?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Chander Ganesan <chander@otg-nc.com> wrote:
> It was "Open Technology Group, Inc. announces PostgreSQL High Availability
> Training", I just re-sent it.

It landed in my inbox yesterday.

--
Dave Page

Re: Moderation for events?

От
"Guido Barosio"
Дата:
Great, but I couldn't find the notification in my gmail inbox, nor in the spam folder.<br /><br />Thoughts? Concerned!
AM,Dave Page <<a href="mailto:dpage@pgadmin.org">dpage@pgadmin.org</a>> wrote:<br /><blockquote
class="gmail_quote"style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1ex;"><divclass="Ih2E3d">On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Chander Ganesan <<a
href="mailto:chander@otg-nc.com">chander@otg-nc.com</a>>wrote:<br /> > It was "Open Technology Group, Inc.
href="http://www.globant.com">http://www.globant.com</a><br/><a
href="mailto:guido.barosio@globant.com">guido.barosio@globant.com</a>

Re: Moderation for events?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Guido Barosio <gbarosio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great, but I couldn't find the notification in my gmail inbox, nor in the
> spam folder.
>
> Thoughts? Concerned! I used to receive these.

Silly question: are you a moderator for pgsql-announce?

--
Dave Page

Re: Moderation for events?

От
"Guido Barosio"
Дата:
Chander,

   I do help with moderation, yes. Time ago help was needed and I jumped, taking some of the mailing and site moderation stuff.

   AFAIK all the moderators receive *all* the notifications (even when you are just moderating a single aspect, you will receive the whole bunch ), correct me if I am wrong. That's correct?

gb.-

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Guido Barosio <gbarosio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great, but I couldn't find the notification in my gmail inbox, nor in the
> spam folder.
>
> Thoughts? Concerned! I used to receive these.

Silly question: are you a moderator for pgsql-announce?

--
Dave Page

Guido Barosio
-----------------------
http://www.globant.com
guido.barosio@globant.com

Re: Moderation for events?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Guido Barosio <gbarosio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chander,

Or Dave. Take your pick :-p

>    I do help with moderation, yes. Time ago help was needed and I jumped,
> taking some of the mailing and site moderation stuff.
>
>    AFAIK all the moderators receive *all* the notifications (even when you
> are just moderating a single aspect, you will receive the whole bunch ),
> correct me if I am wrong. That's correct?

Moderators for web stuff see everything because it all goes to the
slaves list. Moderators for the mailing lists only see messages for
the lists that they are moderators because it's sent directly to
them..

--
Dave Page

Re: Moderation for events?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Dave Page escribió:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Guido Barosio <gbarosio@gmail.com> wrote:

> >    AFAIK all the moderators receive *all* the notifications (even when you
> > are just moderating a single aspect, you will receive the whole bunch ),
> > correct me if I am wrong. That's correct?
>
> Moderators for web stuff see everything because it all goes to the
> slaves list. Moderators for the mailing lists only see messages for
> the lists that they are moderators because it's sent directly to
> them..

Note that Majordomo can be configured to send each moderation request to
a random subset of the moderators.  So if there are 3 moderators and
it's configured to send to 2, then obviously any one moderator will miss
one third of the requests.

Not sure if this is the case in pgsql-announce.

Re: Moderation for events?

От
"Guido Barosio"
Дата:
LOL, sorry for the s/Dave/chander, taking some pills to rest and I am still trying to recover from last nite trip!

gb.-

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Guido Barosio <gbarosio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chander,