Обсуждение: Lawrence Auster

Lawrence Auster

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
Howdy,

I'm still getting periodic spam sent to my pgFoundry lists from
"Lawrence Auster <lawrence.auster@att.net>". Wasn't a block put in for
this guy?

Thanks,

David

Re: Lawrence Auster

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I'm still getting periodic spam sent to my pgFoundry lists from
> "Lawrence Auster <lawrence.auster@att.net>". Wasn't a block put in for
> this guy?

Not on pgFoundry.  I'm not sure how to do a blacklist on pgFoundry; I'll
browse the Mailman documentation when I get a chance.

--Josh

Re: Lawrence Auster

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 11:29 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> David E. Wheeler wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I'm still getting periodic spam sent to my pgFoundry lists from
> > "Lawrence Auster <lawrence.auster@att.net>". Wasn't a block put in for
> > this guy?
>
> Not on pgFoundry.

yes on pgfoundry. I did it some time ago. See my other response :)

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: Lawrence Auster

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 19:39 +0000, dpage@pgadmin.org wrote:
> It didn't work then 'cos I got a couple today as well.

Have you received any since: 8:48AM PST?

Joshua D. Drake

> On 2/5/09, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> >> Not on pgFoundry.
> >
> > yes on pgfoundry. I did it some time ago. See my other response :)
> >
> >> I'm not sure how to do a blacklist on pgFoundry; I'll
> >> browse the Mailman documentation when I get a chance.
> >>
> >> --Josh
> >>
> > --
> > PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
> >    Consulting, Development, Support, Training
> >    503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
> >    The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997
> >

> > --

PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: Lawrence Auster

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 19:39 +0000, dpage@pgadmin.org wrote:
>> It didn't work then 'cos I got a couple today as well.
>
> Have you received any since: 8:48AM PST?

Probably not.

--
Dave Page

Re: Lawrence Auster

От
dpage@pgadmin.org
Дата:
It didn't work then 'cos I got a couple today as well.

On 2/5/09, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 11:29 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> David E. Wheeler wrote:
>> > Howdy,
>> >
>> > I'm still getting periodic spam sent to my pgFoundry lists from
>> > "Lawrence Auster <lawrence.auster@att.net>". Wasn't a block put in for
>> > this guy?
>>
>> Not on pgFoundry.
>
> yes on pgfoundry. I did it some time ago. See my other response :)
>
>> I'm not sure how to do a blacklist on pgFoundry; I'll
>> browse the Mailman documentation when I get a chance.
>>
>> --Josh
>>
> --
> PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
>    Consulting, Development, Support, Training
>    503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
>    The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997
>

> --

Dave Page

Re: Lawrence Auster

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 19:39 +0000, dpage@pgadmin.org wrote:
>>> It didn't work then 'cos I got a couple today as well.
>>
>> Have you received any since: 8:48AM PST?
>
> Probably not.

Now I have:

following mailing list posting:
  List:    Pgweb-commits@pgfoundry.org  From:    lawrence.auster@att.net  Subject: Talking with Jews (or not)  Reason:
Postby non-member to a members-only list

At your convenience, visit:
  http://pgfoundry.org/mailman/admindb/pgweb-commits

to approve or deny the request.

--
Dave Page

Re: Lawrence Auster

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 15:01 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Have you received any since: 8:48AM PST?
> >
> > Probably not.
>
> Now I have:

Nevermind I got one too.

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: Lawrence Auster

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 15:01 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Have you received any since: 8:48AM PST?
> >
> > Probably not.

So this is the process I followed in order to try and block him. I
added:

lawrence.auster@att.net         REJECT

to the /usr/local/postfix/access file.

I then ran postmap /usr/local/etc/postfix/access.

I also added:

smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access        hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/access

to /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf

And then ran postfix reload (I also tried stop/start)

But he is still getting through:

telnet pgfoundry.org 25\

Trying 200.46.204.130...
Connected to pgfoundry.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 pgfoundry.org ESMTP Postfix
helo att.net
250 pgfoundry.org
mail from: lawrence.auster@att.net
250 2.1.0 Ok
quit

What am I doing wrong?

> Now I have:
>
> As list administrator, your authorization is requested for the
> following mailing list posting:
>
>    List:    Pgweb-commits@pgfoundry.org
>    From:    lawrence.auster@att.net
>    Subject: Talking with Jews (or not)
>    Reason:  Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> At your convenience, visit:
>
>    http://pgfoundry.org/mailman/admindb/pgweb-commits
>
> to approve or deny the request.
>
> --
> Dave Page
> EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: Lawrence Auster

От
Chander Ganesan
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 15:01 +0000, Dave Page wrote:

>>> Probably not.
>>>

> So this is the process I followed in order to try and block him. I
> added:
>
> lawrence.auster@att.net         REJECT
>
> to the /usr/local/postfix/access file.
>
> I then ran postmap /usr/local/etc/postfix/access.

Two different files?  You ran postfix on a file that was different than
the file that you modified?  Or perhaps that was a typo (above)..I
assume you just left off the 'etc/' in your email, but you know what
they say about people who assume :-)

chander
> I also added:
>
> smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access
>         hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/access
>
> to /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf
>
> And then ran postfix reload (I also tried stop/start)
>
> But he is still getting through:
>
> telnet pgfoundry.org 25\
>
> Trying 200.46.204.130...
> Connected to pgfoundry.org.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 pgfoundry.org ESMTP Postfix
> helo att.net
> 250 pgfoundry.org
> mail from: lawrence.auster@att.net
> 250 2.1.0 Ok
> quit
>

> What am I doing wrong?
>

>> Now I have:
>>
>> As list administrator, your authorization is requested for the
>> following mailing list posting:
>>
>>    List:    Pgweb-commits@pgfoundry.org
>>    From:    lawrence.auster@att.net
>>    Subject: Talking with Jews (or not)
>>    Reason:  Post by non-member to a members-only list
>>
>> At your convenience, visit:
>>
>>    http://pgfoundry.org/mailman/admindb/pgweb-commits
>>
>> to approve or deny the request.
>>
>> --
>> Dave Page
>> EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
919-463-0999/877-258-8987
http://www.otg-nc.com

Re: Lawrence Auster

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Chander Ganesan wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> So this is the process I followed in order to try and block him. I
>> added:
>>
>> lawrence.auster@att.net         REJECT
>>
>> to the /usr/local/postfix/access file.
>>
>> I then ran postmap /usr/local/etc/postfix/access.
>>
> Two different files?

Maybe this should be done in Mailman rather than Postfix ...