Обсуждение: Dead link

Dead link

От
Mike Ellsworth
Дата:
At the bottom of http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting

is a link to: http://www.opensourcexperts.com/Index/index_html/PostgreSQL/index.html

based on the site, not sure it's needed anymore.

Re: Dead link

От
Mike Ellsworth
Дата:
> At the bottom of http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting
>
> is a link to: http://www.opensourcexperts.com/Index/index_html/PostgreSQL/index.html
>
> based on the site, not sure it's needed anymore.

A couple more that are 'challenged' can be found on
http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting_northamerica

problems with:

http://callisia.com/
http://www.gishosting.net/

Re: Dead link

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Dead link

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Dead link

От
Mike Ellsworth
Дата:
> There are many others that are extremely dubious on that page. For example:
>
> http://www.travnet.org/
> Which says: "Welcome to travnet.org wiki hosting. This page was put up as a
> place holder until I can get around to making a real site."
>
> There are plenty of others that claim support but are hosting only, and
> many that have no mention of Postgres anywhere on their site. Time for
> a house cleaning?

My opinion, yes.
Should apply the same level of scrutiny that (example) Training receives.
I would think it's a little befuddling for someone searching for a PG
Host to find a dead end.  Makes all the others suspect.

Re: Dead link

От
Jeff MacDonald
Дата:
On Friday 24 April 2009 15:53:03 Mike Ellsworth wrote:
[...snipped...]
> > There are plenty of others that claim support but are hosting only, and
> > many that have no mention of Postgres anywhere on their site. Time for
> > a house cleaning?
>
> My opinion, yes.
> Should apply the same level of scrutiny that (example) Training receives.
> I would think it's a little befuddling for someone searching for a PG
> Host to find a dead end.  Makes all the others suspect.

Agreed. How does one quality to be a "PG Host"? Would they need to offer some
level of support for PG specifically?

Regards,