Обсуждение: How do I stop receiving Bounce-Detected mails?

How do I stop receiving Bounce-Detected mails?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
As a moderator, I recieve 100's of "Bounce Detected from ..." e-mails
per day.  Is there some way to turn these off?  They're useless, but so
voluminous I've stopped doing other moderation.

--Josh Berkus

Re: How do I stop receiving Bounce-Detected mails?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Josh Berkus wrote:

> As a moderator, I recieve 100's of "Bounce Detected from ..." e-mails
> per day.  Is there some way to turn these off?  They're useless, but so
> voluminous I've stopped doing other moderation.

Not that I'm aware of, just put a filter in place to dump them to
/dev/null?

Re: How do I stop receiving Bounce-Detected mails?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 2/2/10 5:25 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> As a moderator, I recieve 100's of "Bounce Detected from ..." e-mails
>> per day.  Is there some way to turn these off?  They're useless, but so
>> voluminous I've stopped doing other moderation.
>
> Not that I'm aware of, just put a filter in place to dump them to
> /dev/null?

That's ridiculous.  No wonder we can't find moderators.

--Josh Berkus

Re: How do I stop receiving Bounce-Detected mails?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 2/2/10 5:25 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >
> >> As a moderator, I recieve 100's of "Bounce Detected from ..." e-mails
> >> per day.  Is there some way to turn these off?  They're useless, but so
> >> voluminous I've stopped doing other moderation.
> >
> > Not that I'm aware of, just put a filter in place to dump them to
> > /dev/null?
>
> That's ridiculous.  No wonder we can't find moderators.

Only list owners get these messages, not moderators.

What you should do with them is something like

- save them to a separate folder
- regularly check for bounces that are not being handled by the
automatic bounce processor
- delete everything else

This helps keep the list of invalid addresses subscribed short.

Re: How do I stop receiving Bounce-Detected mails?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> - regularly check for bounces that are not being handled by the
> automatic bounce processor

Realistically, since I get around 300 of these a day, I'm not checking
them for anything.  I don't have that kind of free time.

--Josh Berkus

Re: How do I stop receiving Bounce-Detected mails?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:

> > - regularly check for bounces that are not being handled by the
> > automatic bounce processor
>
> Realistically, since I get around 300 of these a day, I'm not checking
> them for anything.  I don't have that kind of free time.

you don't need to check them daily, or one by one.  I order them by
subject, see which one appears more than (say) 50 times, and drop the
rest.  Normally I have one or two to handle at most, in a month.  (And
yes, I do this once a month or less).