Обсуждение: Alpha not released, need web team help.

Alpha not released, need web team help.

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
WWW Team,

1) Attached is a new version of the alpha page.  However, we cannot
apply it until we take care of the docs.*

2) Someone needs to build the docs for 9.0alpha4.  In Peter's absence,
I'm not sure who knows how to do that.

We can't announce the alpha availability to the public until these
things are taken care of ... help?

--Josh Berkus

* = I didn't do a patch because apparently there is some kind of
unresolved conflict over that file in the SVN repo.

Вложения

Re: Alpha not released, need web team help.

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> WWW Team,
>
> 1) Attached is a new version of the alpha page.  However, we cannot
> apply it until we take care of the docs.*

ok

> 2) Someone needs to build the docs for 9.0alpha4.  In Peter's absence,
> I'm not sure who knows how to do that.

not sure what you are talking about here - the development docs are
automatically built on developer.postgresql.org and available there just
fine:

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-9-0.html

(as in your url contains a typo)

as far as the PDF versions goes it is devrim who did those in the past -
not a blocker at all we can just add them as we go - this is just yet
another alpha release.

> We can't announce the alpha availability to the public until these
> things are taken care of ... help?
>
> --Josh Berkus
>
> * = I didn't do a patch because apparently there is some kind of
> unresolved conflict over that file in the SVN repo.

"unresolved conflict"? not sure what that means but i guess the conflict
is actually on your local system :)

Stefan

Re: Alpha not released, need web team help.

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> not sure what you are talking about here - the development docs are
> automatically built on developer.postgresql.org and available there just
> fine:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-9-0.html
>
> (as in your url contains a typo)
>
> as far as the PDF versions goes it is devrim who did those in the past -
> not a blocker at all we can just add them as we go - this is just yet
> another alpha release.

Aha, that explains it.  Remove those links, then.

> "unresolved conflict"? not sure what that means but i guess the conflict
> is actually on your local system :)

Could be; I don't know SVN very well.  I'll wipe and do a clean checkout.

--Josh Berkus

Re: Alpha not released, need web team help.

Дата:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> 2) Someone needs to build the docs for 9.0alpha4.  In Peter's absence,
> I'm not sure who knows how to do that.

The built docs should be in the alpha4 tarball already.  What's not
clear to me is what's the process for installing them on the website;
but I suppose somebody here knows that.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Alpha not released, need web team help.

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
>> not sure what you are talking about here - the development docs are
>> automatically built on developer.postgresql.org and available there just
>> fine:
>>
>> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-9-0.html
>>
>> (as in your url contains a typo)
>>
>> as far as the PDF versions goes it is devrim who did those in the past -
>> not a blocker at all we can just add them as we go - this is just yet
>> another alpha release.
>
> Aha, that explains it.  Remove those links, then.

so is that means I should apply that patch(with corrections) now or
should we just stage it?

Stefan

Re: Alpha not released, need web team help.

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 2/23/10 10:06 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> not sure what you are talking about here - the development docs are
>>> automatically built on developer.postgresql.org and available there just
>>> fine:
>>>
>>> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-9-0.html
>>>
>>> (as in your url contains a typo)
>>>
>>> as far as the PDF versions goes it is devrim who did those in the past -
>>> not a blocker at all we can just add them as we go - this is just yet
>>> another alpha release.
>>
>> Aha, that explains it.  Remove those links, then.
>
> so is that means I should apply that patch(with corrections) now or
> should we just stage it?

We should apply it now.  The download is already available.

--Josh Berkus

Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> 2) Someone needs to build the docs for 9.0alpha4.  In Peter's absence,
>> I'm not sure who knows how to do that.
>
> The built docs should be in the alpha4 tarball already.  What's not
> clear to me is what's the process for installing them on the website;
> but I suppose somebody here knows that.

for the alpha stuff we just link to the docs on developer.postgresql.org  for the HTML version, the pdfs just get built
locallyand commited by

a -www commiter.

Stefan

Re: Alpha not released, need web team help.

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:

>>> Aha, that explains it.  Remove those links, then.
>> so is that means I should apply that patch(with corrections) now or
>> should we just stage it?
>
> We should apply it now.  The download is already available.

done should be up on the main site soon.

While looking I noticed that we probably want/need to update the
following pages as well:

* http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta (s/8.5/9.0 but maybe we want
to notice that we will soon enter beta and we are in feature freeze
already?)

* http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap - s/8.5/9.0 + Q2/Q3?

Stefan

Re: Alpha not released, need web team help.

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 18:56 +0100, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> as far as the PDF versions goes it is devrim who did those in the past
> -
> not a blocker at all we can just add them as we go - this is just yet
> another alpha release.

I already committed them to website:

http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/9.0/postgresql-9.0alpha4-A4.pdf

http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/9.0/postgresql-9.0alpha4-US.pdf

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE

Re: Alpha not released, need web team help.

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 20:37 +0200, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> I already committed them to website:

...and updated website.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE

Re: Alpha not released, need web team help.

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 07:22:27PM +0100, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:

> >>so is that means I should apply that patch(with corrections) now or
> >>should we just stage it?
> >
> >We should apply it now.  The download is already available.
>
> done should be up on the main site soon.
>
> While looking I noticed that we probably want/need to update the
> following pages as well:
>

> * http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta (s/8.5/9.0 but maybe we
> want to notice that we will soon enter beta and we are in feature
> freeze already?)
>
> * http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap - s/8.5/9.0 + Q2/Q3?

Committed :)

Cheers,