Обсуждение: CommitFest FAQ (was: dividing money by money)

CommitFest FAQ (was: dividing money by money)

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
[moving to -www list with bc to -hackers]

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> BTW maybe the developer faq could use all the info gathered in
> this thread.
I wound up putting a few sentences from this thread into the
CommitFest Wiki page, and linking to that from the "Submitting a
Patch" and "Developer FAQ" pages.  I think it might be good to also
have a link to the CommitFest Wiki page from the "CommitFest Index"
page in the application.
-Kevin

Re: CommitFest FAQ (was: dividing money by money)

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> [moving to -www list with bc to -hackers]
>
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
>> BTW maybe the developer faq could use all the info gathered in
>> this thread.
>
> I wound up putting a few sentences from this thread into the
> CommitFest Wiki page, and linking to that from the "Submitting a
> Patch" and "Developer FAQ" pages.  I think it might be good to also
> have a link to the CommitFest Wiki page from the "CommitFest Index"
> page in the application.

Please feel free to send a patch.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgcommitfest.git;a=summary

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: CommitFest FAQ (was: dividing money by money)

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
> Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
>> I think it might be good to also have a link to the CommitFest
>> Wiki page from the "CommitFest Index" page in the application.
>
> Please feel free to send a patch.
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgcommitfest.git;a=summary
Erm, I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't have a clue what a tt2 or
pm file *is* or what the style of web development used would be
called, but it kinda looks like adding some raw HTML near the top of
commitfest_view.tt2 would accomplish what I had in mind.  If that
sounds good, I'll prepare the patch; if not, suggestions?

I wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
>
>>> I think it might be good to also have a link to the CommitFest
>>> Wiki page from the "CommitFest Index" page in the application.
>>
>> Please feel free to send a patch.

> it kinda looks like adding some raw HTML near the top of
> commitfest_view.tt2 would accomplish what I had in mind.

I have no idea how to test this, but as a shot in the dark, see
attached.

-Kevin

Вложения

I wrote:
> I wrote:
>> Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Please feel free to send a patch.
>
>> it kinda looks like adding some raw HTML near the top of
>> commitfest_view.tt2 would accomplish what I had in mind.
>
> I have no idea how to test this, but as a shot in the dark, see
> attached.

Better try this, instead.  (Bad URL in first try.)

-Kevin

Вложения

Re: CommitFest FAQ (was: dividing money by money)

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> I wrote:
>> I wrote:

>>> it kinda looks like adding some raw HTML near the top of
>>> commitfest_view.tt2 would accomplish what I had in mind.
>>
>> I have no idea how to test this, but as a shot in the dark, see
>> attached.
>
> Better try this, instead.  (Bad URL in first try.)

Hmm.  I dunno if adding this to the commitfest view page is the best
place for it.  Two other ideas that occur to me are (1) the home page
for the site, and (2) the page header (up there where it says "Home
Page" and "Log In").

Thoughts?