Обсуждение: wiki.postgresql.org having indigestion

wiki.postgresql.org having indigestion

Дата:
Attempts to edit the "9.1 open items" page are giving me this:

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1155551292

Varnish cache server

        regards, tom lane

Re: wiki.postgresql.org having indigestion

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 22:55, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Attempts to edit the "9.1 open items" page are giving me this:
>
> Error 503 Service Unavailable
>
> Service Unavailable
>
> Guru Meditation:
>
> XID: 1155551292
>
> Varnish cache server

Hmm, works fine for me right now. Is it reproducible?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: wiki.postgresql.org having indigestion

Дата:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 22:55, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Attempts to edit the "9.1 open items" page are giving me this:
>>
>> Error 503 Service Unavailable
>>
>> Service Unavailable
>>
>> Guru Meditation:
>>
>> XID: 1155551292
>>
>> Varnish cache server

> Hmm, works fine for me right now. Is it reproducible?

Not entirely.  The first time I tried, I got that on hitting "show
changes".  I tried again, and that time "show changes" worked but
"save page" failed (with the same message).  I just tried a third
time and it worked.  Dunno what to make of it.
        regards, tom lane

Re: wiki.postgresql.org having indigestion

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 23:12, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 22:55, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Attempts to edit the "9.1 open items" page are giving me this:
>>>
>>> Error 503 Service Unavailable
>>>
>>> Service Unavailable
>>>
>>> Guru Meditation:
>>>
>>> XID: 1155551292
>>>
>>> Varnish cache server
>
>> Hmm, works fine for me right now. Is it reproducible?
>
> Not entirely.  The first time I tried, I got that on hitting "show
> changes".  I tried again, and that time "show changes" worked but
> "save page" failed (with the same message).  I just tried a third
> time and it worked.  Dunno what to make of it.

I see some weird errors from the backend webserver that runs
PHP/mediawiki.But I'm not entirely sure it's related - though probably
it is. I've restarted it to be on the safe side.

I also see loads of warnings about string escaping problems in the pg
logs - but that's just mediawiki ugliness, I see nothing out of the
ordinary in the pg logs.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: wiki.postgresql.org having indigestion

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 27 April 2011 22:20, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 23:12, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> writes:

> >> Hmm, works fine for me right now. Is it reproducible?
> >
> > Not entirely.  The first time I tried, I got that on hitting "show
> > changes".  I tried again, and that time "show changes" worked but
> > "save page" failed (with the same message).  I just tried a third
> > time and it worked.  Dunno what to make of it.
>
> I see some weird errors from the backend webserver that runs
> PHP/mediawiki.But I'm not entirely sure it's related - though probably
> it is. I've restarted it to be on the safe side.
>
> I also see loads of warnings about string escaping problems in the pg
> logs - but that's just mediawiki ugliness, I see nothing out of the
> ordinary in the pg logs.

Could this then be a problem with Varnish?

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: wiki.postgresql.org having indigestion

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 23:28, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> On 27 April 2011 22:20, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>> > Not entirely.  The first time I tried, I got that on hitting "show
>> > changes".  I tried again, and that time "show changes" worked but
>> > "save page" failed (with the same message).  I just tried a third
>> > time and it worked.  Dunno what to make of it.
>>
>> I see some weird errors from the backend webserver that runs
>> PHP/mediawiki.But I'm not entirely sure it's related - though probably
>> it is. I've restarted it to be on the safe side.
>>
>> I also see loads of warnings about string escaping problems in the pg
>> logs - but that's just mediawiki ugliness, I see nothing out of the
>> ordinary in the pg logs.
>
> Could this then be a problem with Varnish?

According to the logs, varnish got a bad response from the backend.
Can't rule it out of course, but I'm fairly certain th eproblem is in
the backend somewhere.