Обсуждение: 9.1 feature matrix

9.1 feature matrix

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
I notice that 9.1's features aren't included on the feature matrix.
Last time the features for 9.0 were shown during its beta stage.  Is
this an oversight, it's not ready yet, or are we not adding it until
the final release?

Thanks

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: 9.1 feature matrix

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Thom Brown's message of mar jun 14 19:47:30 -0400 2011:
> I notice that 9.1's features aren't included on the feature matrix.
> Last time the features for 9.0 were shown during its beta stage.  Is
> this an oversight, it's not ready yet, or are we not adding it until
> the final release?

... or is Stefan just too busy?

Re: 9.1 feature matrix

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 15 June 2011 05:47, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Thom Brown's message of mar jun 14 19:47:30 -0400 2011:
>> I notice that 9.1's features aren't included on the feature matrix.
>> Last time the features for 9.0 were shown during its beta stage.  Is
>> this an oversight, it's not ready yet, or are we not adding it until
>> the final release?
>
> ... or is Stefan just too busy?

It needn't all fall upon Stefan surely?  I wouldn't mind looking into
it if it isn't already being worked on.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion
IRC (freenode): dark_ixion
Registered Linux user: #516935

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: 9.1 feature matrix

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:18, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> On 15 June 2011 05:47, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Excerpts from Thom Brown's message of mar jun 14 19:47:30 -0400 2011:
>>> I notice that 9.1's features aren't included on the feature matrix.
>>> Last time the features for 9.0 were shown during its beta stage.  Is
>>> this an oversight, it's not ready yet, or are we not adding it until
>>> the final release?
>>
>> ... or is Stefan just too busy?
>
> It needn't all fall upon Stefan surely?  I wouldn't mind looking into
> it if it isn't already being worked on.

No, it doesn't all need to fall upon Stefan. It's just that he's
usually been doing it, so I think people have just been backing off to
let him do it again :-) Stefan - clearly we have volunteers to help
out to do it if you don't want to/have the time. Just speak up :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: 9.1 feature matrix

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 15 June 2011 09:34, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:18, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
>> On 15 June 2011 05:47, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>>> Excerpts from Thom Brown's message of mar jun 14 19:47:30 -0400 2011:
>>>
>>> ... or is Stefan just too busy?
>>
>> It needn't all fall upon Stefan surely?  I wouldn't mind looking into
>> it if it isn't already being worked on.
>
> No, it doesn't all need to fall upon Stefan. It's just that he's
> usually been doing it, so I think people have just been backing off to
> let him do it again :-) Stefan - clearly we have volunteers to help
> out to do it if you don't want to/have the time. Just speak up :)

We haven't heard anything further on this.  Is it under development?
We're approaching our 3rd beta in 2 weeks so would be nice to get
something up soonish.

Stefan, are you still okay to do this, or would you prefer others have
a go at adding it this time?

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion
IRC (freenode): dark_ixion
Registered Linux user: #516935

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: 9.1 feature matrix

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
On 06/28/2011 04:45 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
> On 15 June 2011 09:34, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>>> It needn't all fall upon Stefan surely?  I wouldn't mind looking into
>>> it if it isn't already being worked on.
>>
>> No, it doesn't all need to fall upon Stefan. It's just that he's
>> usually been doing it, so I think people have just been backing off to
>> let him do it again :-) Stefan - clearly we have volunteers to help
>> out to do it if you don't want to/have the time. Just speak up :)
>
> We haven't heard anything further on this.  Is it under development?
> We're approaching our 3rd beta in 2 weeks so would be nice to get
> something up soonish.
>
> Stefan, are you still okay to do this, or would you prefer others have
> a go at adding it this time?

congratulations - you just got signed up for the task ;) - access
information will be sent seperately. Note that the newly added versions
will not be visible unless one of the sysadmins flips another small
switch ;)

Stefan