Обсуждение: jobs list m0d3ration

jobs list m0d3ration

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
WWW,

(pardon the 1337speak, see preceding for why I have to -- this is my
third attempt to post this)

Who is the m0derat0r for pgsql-jobs, currently?  I'd like to volunteer
to be a m0derat0r.

I propose that 100% of posts to -jobs be m0derat3d.  Currently -jobs is
very low traffic (relatively) but we have two chronic issues with it:

1. recruiters who post inappropriate jobs (i.e. mysql-only)

2. people who accidentally send their resumes to "reply-all".

M0d3rating all traffic would prevent both of these mistakes, without
much burden or delay.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 06/29/2011 09:21 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> M0d3rating all traffic would prevent both of these mistakes, without
> much burden or delay.

I got this, but I can't help you :P

JD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 09:21 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Who is the m0derat0r for pgsql-jobs, currently?

Me.

> I propose that 100% of posts to -jobs be m0derat3d.

They are.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
On 06/29/2011 12:21 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Who is the m0derat0r for pgsql-jobs, currently?  I'd like to volunteer
> to be a m0derat0r.
>
> I propose that 100% of posts to -jobs be m0derat3d.  Currently -jobs is
> very low traffic (relatively) but we have two chronic issues with it:

The list went moderator-approval only a couple of weeks ago.  At that
time I was added as a second moderator to Devrim.  There hasn't been any
spam or junk published to there since, and I don't think anyone has
ended up waiting too long for their post to be approved so far.  A third
moderator would certainly be welcome.

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 6/29/11 11:26 AM, Greg Smith wrote:

> The list went moderator-approval only a couple of weeks ago.  At that
> time I was added as a second moderator to Devrim.  There hasn't been any
> spam or junk published to there since, and I don't think anyone has
> ended up waiting too long for their post to be approved so far.  A third
> moderator would certainly be welcome.

Ah, I wasn't aware.  Glad to hear it.

I would be happy to be added as a third moderator.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 11:27 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> I would be happy to be added as a third moderator.

I bet -bugs needs moderators. If so, would you like to help them? -jobs
is low-traffic. Greg and I can keep up with it.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> I bet -bugs needs moderators. If so, would you like to help them? -jobs
> is low-traffic. Greg and I can keep up with it.

Sure.  Any list which works with Magnus's Android App is easy to keep up
with.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wednesday, June 29, 2011, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> I bet -bugs needs moderators. If so, would you like to help them? -jobs
>> is low-traffic. Greg and I can keep up with it.
>
> Sure.  Any list which works with Magnus's Android App is easy to keep up
> with.

Not if you have an iPhone...

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 21:00, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 29, 2011, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I bet -bugs needs moderators. If so, would you like to help them? -jobs
>>> is low-traffic. Greg and I can keep up with it.
>>
>> Sure.  Any list which works with Magnus's Android App is easy to keep up
>> with.
>
> Not if you have an iPhone...

Hey, the app is opensource and didn't take long to write. Feel free to
make a iGarden port!

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Greg Smith's message of mié jun 29 14:26:09 -0400 2011:

As far as I know, you already are:devrim@gunduz.orgjosh@agliodbs.comgreg@2ndquadrant.com

> > I propose that 100% of posts to -jobs be m0derat3d.  Currently -jobs is
> > very low traffic (relatively) but we have two chronic issues with it:
> >

> The list went moderator-approval only a couple of weeks ago.  At that
> time I was added as a second moderator to Devrim.  There hasn't been any
> spam or junk published to there since, and I don't think anyone has
> ended up waiting too long for their post to be approved so far.  A third
> moderator would certainly be welcome.

Err, the thread in which I added you as moderator didn't come to a
conclusion that it was supposed to be all-moderated -- I certainly don't
remember changing that.  Did Marc or someone else change it?

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4DF67E5E.4010608@agliodbs.com

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of mié jun 29 15:09:46 -0400 2011:
> Excerpts from Greg Smith's message of mié jun 29 14:26:09 -0400 2011:

> > The list went moderator-approval only a couple of weeks ago.  At that
> > time I was added as a second moderator to Devrim.  There hasn't been any
> > spam or junk published to there since, and I don't think anyone has
> > ended up waiting too long for their post to be approved so far.  A third
> > moderator would certainly be welcome.
>
> Err, the thread in which I added you as moderator didn't come to a
> conclusion that it was supposed to be all-moderated -- I certainly don't
> remember changing that.  Did Marc or someone else change it?

FWIW I just flipped this switch -- it *is* only-moderator-approval now.

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
On 06/29/2011 03:09 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Err, the thread in which I added you as moderator didn't come to a
> conclusion that it was supposed to be all-moderated -- I certainly don't
> remember changing that.  Did Marc or someone else change it?

I guess it was just the case that every message posted to that list
since then was coincidentally one that was moderated by the existing
rules.  I hadn't seen one go through without being approved first since
then, so I assumed the switch was thrown then.  Guess it wasn't, but all
done now as you say.

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 21:02 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > Not if you have an iPhone...
>
> Hey, the app is opensource and didn't take long to write. Feel free to
> make a iGarden port!

Come on, we need to release 9.7 first!
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
"Jaime Casanova"
Дата:
Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:

> On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 11:27 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>

>> I would be happy to be added as a third moderator.
>
> I bet -bugs needs moderators. If so, would you like to help them? -jobs
> is low-traffic. Greg and I can keep up with it.

bugs sent from the page go through -bugs moderation rules? it could help
a spanish speaker moderator?

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
"Jaime Casanova"
Дата:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:

>> I bet -bugs needs moderators. If so, would you like to help them? -jobs
>> is low-traffic. Greg and I can keep up with it.
>
> Sure.  Any list which works with Magnus's Android App is easy to keep up
> with.

ah?! an app for moderation? is it available?

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL
Soporte 24x7, desarrollo, capacitación y servicios

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 01:45 -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>
> >> I bet -bugs needs moderators. If so, would you like to help them? -jobs
> >> is low-traffic. Greg and I can keep up with it.
> >
> > Sure.  Any list which works with Magnus's Android App is easy to keep up
> > with.
> >

> ah?! an app for moderation? is it available?

Yeah. You can grab it here:

And have more informations here:

http://blog.hagander.net/archives/172-Robotic-moderation-duties.html

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
01:45-0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:<br /> > > Josh Berkus <<a
needsmoderators. If so, would you like to help them? -jobs<br /> > > >> is low-traffic. Greg and I can keep
upwith it.<br /> > > ><br /> > > > Sure.  Any list which works with Magnus's Android App is easy to
href="http://blog.hagander.net/archives/172-Robotic-moderation-duties.html">http://blog.hagander.net/archives/172-Robotic-moderation-duties.html</a><p>Or
justget it from the market - you will then also get the updates that is clearly forget to upload apk to github for,
changesto your subscription:<br /> > <a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www">http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www</a><br/>

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
"Jaime Casanova"
Дата:

> On Jul 1, 2011 9:05 AM, "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

>> > ah?! an app for moderation? is it available?
>> >

>> Yeah. You can grab it here:

>> And have more informations here:
>>
>> http://blog.hagander.net/archives/172-Robotic-moderation-duties.html
>
> Or just get it from the market - you will then also get the updates that is clearly forget to upload apk to github
for,since that link does not go to the
> latest version...

uh! cool! after a few tries i understood i can't use this for
pgsql-slavestothewww because is not the same kind of moderation, at
least that was my impression... still, setted up for ecpug,
pgsql-es-trabajos and will do the same if someone answer my question
about if would be useful a spanish moderator for -bugs

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL
Soporte 24x7, desarrollo, capacitación y servicios

Re: jobs list m0d3ration

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 01:47, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah. You can grab it here:

>>> And have more informations here:
>>>
>>> http://blog.hagander.net/archives/172-Robotic-moderation-duties.html
>>
>> Or just get it from the market - you will then also get the updates that is clearly forget to upload apk to github
for,since that link does not go to the
>> latest version...
>>

> uh! cool! after a few tries i understood i can't use this for
> pgsql-slavestothewww because is not the same kind of moderation, at
> least that was my impression... still, setted up for ecpug,

Uh, depends on what you mean. It can certainly be used to moderate
messages to the pgsql-slavestothewww list. But it cannot be used to
moderate things like docs comments, news posts etc, that gets
notifications on that list.