Обсуждение: New new new contact.html

New new new contact.html

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
... for about/press/contact.  Attached.

This should be final, please add to site.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Вложения

Re: New new new contact.html

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:46 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> ... for about/press/contact.  Attached.
>
> This should be final, please add to site.

Can we get a patch please? Also:

- We don't open links in new tabs/windows
- Titles shouldn't be in all upper case.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: New new new contact.html

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> Can we get a patch please? Also:
>
> - We don't open links in new tabs/windows

Huh?

> - Titles shouldn't be in all upper case.

Contacts.html has been that way for ages.  How would you prefer it to be
formatted?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: New new new contact.html

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:13 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Can we get a patch please? Also:
>>
>> - We don't open links in new tabs/windows
>
> Huh?

Your links have target="_blank" in them.

>> - Titles shouldn't be in all upper case.
>
> Contacts.html has been that way for ages.  How would you prefer it to be
> formatted?

We use normal capitalisation elsewhere on the site, eg:

Europe

Europe and Russia

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: New new new contact.html

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Dave,

>> Huh?
>
> Your links have target="_blank" in them.

No, they don't. Whatever you're using to read them must be mangling them.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: New new new contact.html

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 23:10, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
>>> Huh?
>>
>> Your links have target="_blank" in them.
>
> No, they don't. Whatever you're using to read them must be mangling them.

My bet is he's using the "view" feature in gmail. It tends to do those
things. One really has to download/save the attachment and view  it
outside gmail to make sure the contents really are what it looks
like...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: New new new contact.html

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 23:10, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Dave,

>>> Your links have target="_blank" in them.
>>
>> No, they don't. Whatever you're using to read them must be mangling them.
>
> My bet is he's using the "view" feature in gmail. It tends to do those
> things. One really has to download/save the attachment and view  it
> outside gmail to make sure the contents really are what it looks
> like...

Oh meh. Sorry Josh. Seems GMail was not only adding those, but also
rewriting the code as a full HTML page, removing all our template
stuff - which is why I asked for a patch.

I've committed the update, and fixed the titles.

BTW; Josh, I noticed that you have Umair Shahid listed as the Pakistan
contact. Has he confirmed this year? He left EDB a couple of months
back, and I'm not sure if he's still working with Postgres or not (if
he is, great).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: New new new contact.html

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 9/8/11 1:53 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> I've committed the update, and fixed the titles.

OK.  I've changed the generation script so that the titles aren't all
caps anymore, for next round.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: New new new contact.html

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of jue sep 08 14:04:18 -0300 2011:
> On 9/8/11 1:53 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> > I've committed the update, and fixed the titles.
>
> OK.  I've changed the generation script so that the titles aren't all
> caps anymore, for next round.

There are encoding issues with the file currently on display.

Re: New new new contact.html

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 9/8/11 10:14 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of jue sep 08 14:04:18 -0300 2011:
>> On 9/8/11 1:53 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>>> I've committed the update, and fixed the titles.
>>
>> OK.  I've changed the generation script so that the titles aren't all
>> caps anymore, for next round.
>
> There are encoding issues with the file currently on display.

I'll repush this in a patch to Devrim.

Hmmm, except that'll be tied in with the 9.1 release stuff.  Sorry.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.