Обсуждение: Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow?

Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow?

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 26 April 2013 12:41, i2013 <mohammad@infinity-wireless.com> wrote:
> You can also recover your deleted contacts, using a data recovery software
> called: SmartPhone Recovery Pro:
>
> http://www.enigma-recovery.com/
>
> A FREE trial is now available. It's quite easy to use ... so yeah , try it
> out. It works.
>

> --

This user appears to have subscribed to the novice list today, and
since their first and only message is spam, I have removed them.

--
Thom

Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Thom Brown wrote:
> On 26 April 2013 12:41, i2013 <mohammad@infinity-wireless.com> wrote:
> > You can also recover your deleted contacts, using a data recovery software
> > called: SmartPhone Recovery Pro:
> >
> > http://www.enigma-recovery.com/
> >
> > A FREE trial is now available. It's quite easy to use ... so yeah , try it
> > out. It works.

> This user appears to have subscribed to the novice list today, and
> since their first and only message is spam, I have removed them.

For the record, I summarily unregister any address which I notice sends
spam, regardless of how long they have been subscribed for, and
regardless of previous posting habits.  (However, I don't subscribe to
pgsql-novice so I didn't see this particular one.)

(Unregistering an address unsubscribes it from all lists and from
Majordomo's global roster.)

Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Thom Brown wrote:
>> On 26 April 2013 12:41, i2013 <mohammad@infinity-wireless.com> wrote:
>> > You can also recover your deleted contacts, using a data recovery software
>> > called: SmartPhone Recovery Pro:
>> >
>> > http://www.enigma-recovery.com/
>> >
>> > A FREE trial is now available. It's quite easy to use ... so yeah , try it
>> > out. It works.
>
>> This user appears to have subscribed to the novice list today, and
>> since their first and only message is spam, I have removed them.
>
> For the record, I summarily unregister any address which I notice sends
> spam, regardless of how long they have been subscribed for, and
> regardless of previous posting habits.  (However, I don't subscribe to
> pgsql-novice so I didn't see this particular one.)
>
> (Unregistering an address unsubscribes it from all lists and from
> Majordomo's global roster.)

If you did that to me after some %$^£$%@^ had used my email address to
send spam, I would be extremely pissed off at you as I'd have to
resubscribe and reconfigure all the mailing lists I use, and might
miss messages in threads I was participating in. We absolutely should
be looking at posting history before unsubscribing anyone.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 04/26/2013 08:09 AM, Dave Page wrote:

>>> This user appears to have subscribed to the novice list today, and
>>> since their first and only message is spam, I have removed them.
>>
>> For the record, I summarily unregister any address which I notice sends
>> spam, regardless of how long they have been subscribed for, and
>> regardless of previous posting habits.  (However, I don't subscribe to
>> pgsql-novice so I didn't see this particular one.)
>>
>> (Unregistering an address unsubscribes it from all lists and from
>> Majordomo's global roster.)
>
> If you did that to me after some %$^£$%@^ had used my email address to
> send spam, I would be extremely pissed off at you as I'd have to
> resubscribe and reconfigure all the mailing lists I use, and might
> miss messages in threads I was participating in. We absolutely should
> be looking at posting history before unsubscribing anyone.

I would call for your removal as a moderator. This isn't a fascist
regime here. Sometimes sh*t happens and we need to account for that.

Context matters.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579

Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
All,

Might I suggest that, when we unsub someone due to spam, that we NOT
forward the full contents of their spam to this list?    If anything,
that's going to *encourage* the use of our lists for spam.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow?

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 26 April 2013 17:58, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Might I suggest that, when we unsub someone due to spam, that we NOT
> forward the full contents of their spam to this list?    If anything,
> that's going to *encourage* the use of our lists for spam.

My bad Josh.  You're right, I should have removed the email contents.

--
Thom

Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 04/26/2013 10:39 AM, Thom Brown wrote:
> On 26 April 2013 17:58, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Might I suggest that, when we unsub someone due to spam, that we NOT
>> forward the full contents of their spam to this list?    If anything,
>> that's going to *encourage* the use of our lists for spam.
>
> My bad Josh.  You're right, I should have removed the email contents.

You're not the first one to do this, believe me.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: [NOVICE] How to Recover iPhone Contacts You Lost Somehow?

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
On 04/26/2013 06:13 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> For the record, I summarily unregister any address which I notice sends
>>> spam, regardless of how long they have been subscribed for, and
>>> regardless of previous posting habits.  (However, I don't subscribe to
>>> pgsql-novice so I didn't see this particular one.)
>>>
>>> (Unregistering an address unsubscribes it from all lists and from
>>> Majordomo's global roster.)
>>
>> If you did that to me after some %$^£$%@^ had used my email address to
>> send spam, I would be extremely pissed off at you as I'd have to
>> resubscribe and reconfigure all the mailing lists I use, and might
>> miss messages in threads I was participating in. We absolutely should
>> be looking at posting history before unsubscribing anyone.
>
> I would call for your removal as a moderator. This isn't a fascist
> regime here. Sometimes sh*t happens and we need to account for that.

I don't think wording like that is appropriate here.I do agree that unsubscribing random addresses without any
validation
is what we should do and I'm pretty sure it is not what alvaro does, but
calling this a "fascist regime" without any proof and further details
seems way too much for my taste.

Stefan