Обсуждение: 'Make' postgres9.3 takes lot of time

'Make' postgres9.3 takes lot of time

От
Indrajit Roychoudhury
Дата:
Hi Everyone,

I am compiling postgres9.3 source (git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/andresfreund/postgres.git) for BDR using the below wiki.

After running 'configure', make install keeps on running for ever.
I am a newbie in Linux, so any pointers and help to make the build faster will be truly appreciated.

TIA,

Regards
Indrajit

Re: 'Make' postgres9.3 takes lot of time

От
Paul Waring
Дата:
On 16/07/13 21:01, Indrajit Roychoudhury wrote:
> I am compiling postgres9.3 source
> (git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/andresfreund/postgres.git) for BDR
> using the below wiki.
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/BDR_User_Guide#Initial_setup
> <http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/BDR_User_Guide#Initial_setup>
> After running 'configure', make install keeps on running for ever.
> I am a newbie in Linux, so any pointers and help to make the build
> faster will be truly appreciated.

Have you tried asking this question on the pgsql-novice list? There may
be more people there who can help with this sort of question:

http://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-novice/

The pgsql-www list is primarily for discussing the PostgreSQL websites,
and therefore probably has fewer people who can help with general user
questions.

Thanks,

Paul

--
Paul Waring
http://www.pwaring.com

Re: 'Make' postgres9.3 takes lot of time

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Indrajit Roychoudhury escribió:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am compiling postgres9.3 source (
> git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/andresfreund/postgres.git) for BDR using
> the below wiki.
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/BDR_User_Guide#Initial_setup
>
> After running 'configure', make install keeps on running for ever.

Maybe a clock glitch?  Perhaps you're using a network filesystem, and
the file server has a different time than your local workstation.