Обсуждение: Planet PostgreSQL Bug

Planet PostgreSQL Bug

От
Robins Tharakan
Дата:
Hi,

Not sure if many have noticed, but seems like the Planet.PostgreSQL.org Feed parser accepts a foreign post's date / time at face value and thus, if things be this way, we're going to see Alexander Korotkov's empty post for the next few months (till 26th August 2016, to be precise).

Probably the feed parser, should cap the post date to (at max) be current date, or something like that.

-
robins
--

-
robins

Re: Planet PostgreSQL Bug

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Robins Tharakan <tharakan@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Not sure if many have noticed, but seems like the Planet.PostgreSQL.org Feed parser accepts a foreign post's date / time at face value and thus, if things be this way, we're going to see Alexander Korotkov's empty post for the next few months (till 26th August 2016, to be precise).

Oops.

I've edited the in-place post and set it to march instead of august. That should bump it down the list at the next update.

I've also CCed Alexander on this - Alexander, clearly your blog software is broken wrt date handling.

Probably the feed parser, should cap the post date to (at max) be current date, or something like that.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Will do.

Thanks for noticing and pointing it out!

--

Re: Planet PostgreSQL Bug

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:42 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Not sure if many have noticed, but seems like the Planet.PostgreSQL.org
>> Feed parser accepts a foreign post's date / time at face value and thus, if
>> things be this way, we're going to see Alexander Korotkov's empty post for
>> the next few months (till 26th August 2016, to be precise).
>

> Oops.
>
> I've edited the in-place post and set it to march instead of august. That
> should bump it down the list at the next update.
>
> I've also CCed Alexander on this - Alexander, clearly your blog software is
> broken wrt date handling.
>

>> Probably the feed parser, should cap the post date to (at max) be current
>> date, or something like that.
>

> Yeah, that's a good idea. Will do.
>
> Thanks for noticing and pointing it out!

I've CC'd him here. You seem to have missed him.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Re: Planet PostgreSQL Bug

От
Magnus Hagander

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:42 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Not sure if many have noticed, but seems like the Planet.PostgreSQL.org
>> Feed parser accepts a foreign post's date / time at face value and thus, if
>> things be this way, we're going to see Alexander Korotkov's empty post for
>> the next few months (till 26th August 2016, to be precise).
>

> Oops.
>
> I've edited the in-place post and set it to march instead of august. That
> should bump it down the list at the next update.
>
> I've also CCed Alexander on this - Alexander, clearly your blog software is
> broken wrt date handling.
>

>> Probably the feed parser, should cap the post date to (at max) be current
>> date, or something like that.
>

> Yeah, that's a good idea. Will do.
>
> Thanks for noticing and pointing it out!

I've CC'd him here. You seem to have missed him.

Ha. Thanks. Yeah, I was *planning* to CC him, but forgot :) Thanks for spotting it!

--

Re: Planet PostgreSQL Bug

От
Alexander Korotkov
Дата:
Hi, Magnus!

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:42 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Not sure if many have noticed, but seems like the Planet.PostgreSQL.org
>> Feed parser accepts a foreign post's date / time at face value and thus, if
>> things be this way, we're going to see Alexander Korotkov's empty post for
>> the next few months (till 26th August 2016, to be precise).
>

> Oops.
>
> I've edited the in-place post and set it to march instead of august. That
> should bump it down the list at the next update.
>
> I've also CCed Alexander on this - Alexander, clearly your blog software is
> broken wrt date handling.
>

>> Probably the feed parser, should cap the post date to (at max) be current
>> date, or something like that.
>

> Yeah, that's a good idea. Will do.
>
> Thanks for noticing and pointing it out!

I've CC'd him here. You seem to have missed him.

Ha. Thanks. Yeah, I was *planning* to CC him, but forgot :) Thanks for spotting it!

I've fixed date of my post.  Let me know if more actions are required from me.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Re: Planet PostgreSQL Bug

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Magnus!

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:42 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Not sure if many have noticed, but seems like the Planet.PostgreSQL.org
>> Feed parser accepts a foreign post's date / time at face value and thus, if
>> things be this way, we're going to see Alexander Korotkov's empty post for
>> the next few months (till 26th August 2016, to be precise).
>

> Oops.
>
> I've edited the in-place post and set it to march instead of august. That
> should bump it down the list at the next update.
>
> I've also CCed Alexander on this - Alexander, clearly your blog software is
> broken wrt date handling.
>

>> Probably the feed parser, should cap the post date to (at max) be current
>> date, or something like that.
>

> Yeah, that's a good idea. Will do.
>
> Thanks for noticing and pointing it out!

I've CC'd him here. You seem to have missed him.

Ha. Thanks. Yeah, I was *planning* to CC him, but forgot :) Thanks for spotting it!

I've fixed date of my post.  Let me know if more actions are required from me.

Hi!

Should be OK, thanks!

--

Re: Planet PostgreSQL Bug

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 29 March 2016 at 21:27, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Magnus!
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Ha. Thanks. Yeah, I was *planning* to CC him, but forgot :) Thanks for
>>> spotting it!
>>

>> I've fixed date of my post.  Let me know if more actions are required from
>> me.
>>

> Hi!
>
> Should be OK, thanks!

Alexander's post still appears at the top of the list on the home
page, despite a new blog entry being picked up today.  Any way to
refresh that list?

Thom

Re: Planet PostgreSQL Bug

От
Alexander Korotkov
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
On 29 March 2016 at 21:27, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Magnus!
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Ha. Thanks. Yeah, I was *planning* to CC him, but forgot :) Thanks for
>>> spotting it!
>>

>> I've fixed date of my post.  Let me know if more actions are required from
>> me.
>>

> Hi!
>
> Should be OK, thanks!

Alexander's post still appears at the top of the list on the home
page, despite a new blog entry being picked up today.  Any way to
refresh that list?

+1

------

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
On 29 March 2016 at 21:27, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Magnus!
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Ha. Thanks. Yeah, I was *planning* to CC him, but forgot :) Thanks for
>>> spotting it!
>>

>> I've fixed date of my post.  Let me know if more actions are required from
>> me.
>>

> Hi!
>
> Should be OK, thanks!

Alexander's post still appears at the top of the list on the home
page, despite a new blog entry being picked up today.  Any way to
refresh that list?

+1

Fixed. I forgot there is a trust from planet -> website where it just imports the data without verifying such things.

Given that this can't happen on "upstream" anymore, there's no actual changes to the code required - I just deleted the record from the db.