Обсуждение: Update Linux binary downloads to 9.5

Update Linux binary downloads to 9.5

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
The Linux Downloads pages still refer to 9.4 in the example commands for
installation via yum/apt etc.  While they are examples and not instrucutions,
people tend to like copy/paste so we should probably bump to the lastest
version to avoid confusion.  Also updated the RPM link to point to rhel 7 as
it’s getting quite common these days but that’s less important in this.

cheers ./daniel

Вложения

Re: Update Linux binary downloads to 9.5

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
On 03/31/2016 03:06 PM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> The Linux Downloads pages still refer to 9.4 in the example commands for
> installation via yum/apt etc.  While they are examples and not instrucutions,
> people tend to like copy/paste so we should probably bump to the lastest
> version to avoid confusion.  Also updated the RPM link to point to rhel 7 as
> it’s getting quite common these days but that’s less important in this.

hmm - you changed both the debian and the ubuntu installation patches to
point to 9.5, are those actually available in any released version of
either one(in both cases the instructions refer to the version in the
distributions and not pgapt)?
If they are not available by default I think that actually adds more
confusion and does not remove any...

Stefan

Re: Update Linux binary downloads to 9.5

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 31 Mar 2016, at 20:33, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
>
> On 03/31/2016 03:06 PM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> The Linux Downloads pages still refer to 9.4 in the example commands for
>> installation via yum/apt etc.  While they are examples and not instrucutions,
>> people tend to like copy/paste so we should probably bump to the lastest
>> version to avoid confusion.  Also updated the RPM link to point to rhel 7 as
>> it’s getting quite common these days but that’s less important in this.
>
> hmm - you changed both the debian and the ubuntu installation patches to
> point to 9.5, are those actually available in any released version of
> either one(in both cases the instructions refer to the version in the
> distributions and not pgapt)?
> If they are not available by default I think that actually adds more
> confusion and does not remove any…

You are quite correct, not being a Debian/Ubuntu user I misunderstood the
relation between the pgdg apt repository and the default ones.  Removed from
the proposed diff with only the YUM changes remaining (bumped to 9.5.2) and
also threw in a whitespace fix as a bonus.

cheers ./daniel

Вложения

Re: Update Linux binary downloads to 9.5

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата: