Обсуждение: Wiki editor privileges

Wiki editor privileges

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
Hi,

I would like wiki editor privileges for the PostgreSQL wiki, my username is
D_gustafsson.

cheers ./daniel

Re: Wiki editor privileges

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Daniel,

* Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:
> I would like wiki editor privileges for the PostgreSQL wiki, my username is
> D_gustafsson.

I'm afraid the wiki system really doesn't like underscores in
usernames, so this isn't the trivial change I was hoping it was.

Magnus or Stefan, can one of you shed some light as to how we handle
this case...?

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: Wiki editor privileges

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Stephen Frost wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> * Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:
> > I would like wiki editor privileges for the PostgreSQL wiki, my username is
> > D_gustafsson.
>
> I'm afraid the wiki system really doesn't like underscores in
> usernames, so this isn't the trivial change I was hoping it was.
>
> Magnus or Stefan, can one of you shed some light as to how we handle
> this case...?

We already tried this recently and we ended up asking the person to
create another account.

We should really just forbid underscores in community account names, I
think.

Re: Wiki editor privileges

От
Magnus Hagander

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 5:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Stephen Frost wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> * Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:
> > I would like wiki editor privileges for the PostgreSQL wiki, my username is
> > D_gustafsson.
>
> I'm afraid the wiki system really doesn't like underscores in
> usernames, so this isn't the trivial change I was hoping it was.
>
> Magnus or Stefan, can one of you shed some light as to how we handle
> this case...?

We already tried this recently and we ended up asking the person to
create another account.

We should really just forbid underscores in community account names, I
think.

It would be easy enough to do that for new accounts. But before doing that we should probably figure out what other non-alphanumeric things that need to be locked. Other examples taht we have that could be a problem maybe, would be things like @,-,/,=%,,... And what about non-ascii names?

--

Re: Wiki editor privileges

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 01 Apr 2016, at 17:58, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> Stephen Frost wrote:
>> Daniel,
>>
>> * Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:
>>> I would like wiki editor privileges for the PostgreSQL wiki, my username is
>>> D_gustafsson.
>>
>> I'm afraid the wiki system really doesn't like underscores in
>> usernames, so this isn't the trivial change I was hoping it was.
>>
>> Magnus or Stefan, can one of you shed some light as to how we handle
>> this case...?
>
> We already tried this recently and we ended up asking the person to
> create another account.

I did the same, let’s do another try with the Wiki for dgustafsson =)

cheers ./daniel

Re: Wiki editor privileges

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:
> > On 01 Apr 2016, at 17:58, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > Stephen Frost wrote:
> >> Daniel,

> >> I'm afraid the wiki system really doesn't like underscores in
> >> usernames, so this isn't the trivial change I was hoping it was.
> >>
> >> Magnus or Stefan, can one of you shed some light as to how we handle
> >> this case...?
> >
> > We already tried this recently and we ended up asking the person to
> > create another account.
>
> I did the same, let’s do another try with the Wiki for dgustafsson =)

You'll need to log in to the wiki before we can set the privs.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: Wiki editor privileges

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 01 Apr 2016, at 18:42, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>
> * Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:

>>> We already tried this recently and we ended up asking the person to
>>> create another account.
>>
>> I did the same, let’s do another try with the Wiki for dgustafsson =)
>
> You'll need to log in to the wiki before we can set the privs.

After the not-terribly-short cooloff period I’ve now logged on to the Wiki
with username dgustafsson.

cheers ./daniel

Re: Wiki editor privileges

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:
> > On 01 Apr 2016, at 18:42, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > You'll need to log in to the wiki before we can set the privs.
>
> After the not-terribly-short cooloff period I’ve now logged on to the Wiki
> with username dgustafsson.

Sorry about that, *that* part I might have been able to fix for you
faster than that, though last week was pretty crazy.

You should have edit privs now.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: Wiki editor privileges

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 10 Apr 2016, at 20:24, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>
> * Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:
>>> On 01 Apr 2016, at 18:42, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>>> You'll need to log in to the wiki before we can set the privs.
>>
>> After the not-terribly-short cooloff period I’ve now logged on to the Wiki
>> with username dgustafsson.
>
> Sorry about that, *that* part I might have been able to fix for you
> faster than that, though last week was pretty crazy.

No worries, wasn’t in any rush.