Обсуждение: Server outage @ MeetMe

Server outage @ MeetMe

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
All,

We are aware of an ongoing issue with our servers hosted at MeetMe.com.
There appears to be some general Internet wonkiness today also (he.net
had an issue and my routes to Meetme are bouncing across the country
twice...), but the MeetMe issue appears to be specific to our servers
there.

We have reached out to MeetMe to see what's happening and will keep you
posted as to what we find out.  The non-redunant services this impacts
are:

selek    (search.postgresql.org)
calondia (PostgreSQL Community Association of Canada)
arkaria  (mailing list archives backend)
gothos   (git.postgresql.org)
wrigleys (website backend server)
donatu   (docbot server)

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: Server outage @ MeetMe

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
All,

* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> We have reached out to MeetMe to see what's happening and will keep you
> posted as to what we find out.  The non-redunant services this impacts
> are:

Services are back online and MeetMe doesn't anticipate any further
issues.  We are following up as to what the root cause of the outage
was.

Please let us know if you see any issues.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: Server outage @ MeetMe

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
All,

* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> Services are back online and MeetMe doesn't anticipate any further
> issues.  We are following up as to what the root cause of the outage
> was.

Apparently MeetMe had implemented a number of new ACLs based on the
results of some pen-testing which was done.  That impacted the outbound
traffic from our servers leading to the outage.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: Server outage @ MeetMe

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
On 22 Apr 2016, at 20:03, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
>> Services are back online and MeetMe doesn't anticipate any further
>> issues.  We are following up as to what the root cause of the outage
>> was.
>
> Apparently MeetMe had implemented a number of new ACLs based on the
> results of some pen-testing which was done.  That impacted the outbound
> traffic from our servers leading to the outage.

"If no one has access, we're secure right?" ;)

- Indira Gandhi

Re: Server outage @ MeetMe

Дата:
> Please let us know if you see any issues.

Mailing list archive search doesn't seem to be working; regardless
of what I enter at
http://www.postgresql.org/search/
it sits for a few moments and then says

Server Error
An internal server error occurred.

Might be unrelated to the previous outage, but it definitely seems busted.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Server outage @ MeetMe

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > Please let us know if you see any issues.
>
> Mailing list archive search doesn't seem to be working; regardless
> of what I enter at
> http://www.postgresql.org/search/
> it sits for a few moments and then says
>
> Server Error
> An internal server error occurred.
>
> Might be unrelated to the previous outage, but it definitely seems busted.

I'm seeing timeouts in the logs which appear to be due to ACL changes
which were done at MeetMe.

I've reached out to MeetMe to ask about the ACLs and to see about
getting it fixed.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: Server outage @ MeetMe

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Tom, all,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > Please let us know if you see any issues.
>
> Mailing list archive search doesn't seem to be working; regardless
> of what I enter at
> http://www.postgresql.org/search/
> it sits for a few moments and then says
>
> Server Error
> An internal server error occurred.
>
> Might be unrelated to the previous outage, but it definitely seems busted.

MeetMe has removed the filtering between our servers and this appears to
be working correctly now.

Apologies for the issues and please let me know if you see anything
else.

Thanks!

Stephen