Обсуждение: PgSQL versions supported on ubuntu 16 and debian 8

PgSQL versions supported on ubuntu 16 and debian 8

От
MEERA
Дата:
Hi,

Could someone share below information?

- PgSQL versions supported on ubuntu 16
- PgSQL versions supported on debian 8

--
thanks and regards,
Meera R Nair

Re: PgSQL versions supported on ubuntu 16 and debian 8

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 9/15/2016 12:40 AM, MEERA wrote:

> Could someone share below information?
>
> - PgSQL versions supported on ubuntu 16
> - PgSQL versions supported on debian 8

any current PG version (thats 9.1.latest (likely to be deprecated soon
when 9.6 releases) to 9.5.latest) can be run on most any version of linux.

'supported' is subject to interpretation.  if you mean 'supported' in
the business sense, you should talk with your support vendor about what
/they/ want to support.   the community here (thats volunteer folks like
me, although I'm not on any of the core teams), will endeavor to offer
help with any configuration thats not too insane.

Re: PgSQL versions supported on ubuntu 16 and debian 8

От
MEERA
Дата:
Hi,

Could someone please provide us this information?

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 1:10 PM, MEERA <meeranair89@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Could someone share below information?

- PgSQL versions supported on ubuntu 16
- PgSQL versions supported on debian 8

--
thanks and regards,
Meera R Nair

--
thanks and regards,
Meera R Nair

Re: PgSQL versions supported on ubuntu 16 and debian 8

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 9/19/2016 4:18 AM, MEERA wrote:

> Could someone please provide us this information?

was answered nearly a week ago.

any current PG version (thats 9.1.latest to 9.5.latest) can be run on
most any version of linux.    Do note, 9.1 will be phased out soon,
while 9.6 is nearly ready for release.

Re: PgSQL versions supported on ubuntu 16 and debian 8

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
John R Pierce wrote:
> On 9/19/2016 4:18 AM, MEERA wrote:
> >
> >Could someone please provide us this information?
>
> was answered nearly a week ago.

Hmm, yeah, but you didn't CC the OP, and she is not subscribed.

Meera: you can see the answer here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CABZh%3DWaeB5%2BMBnoaJ6QB2dy%3D1G3DuO368VFxBoSiWXtiZpdcHw%40mail.gmail.com