Обсуждение: 9.5/9.6 branching

9.5/9.6 branching

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
I think the feature freeze and the long window to the next minor
releases make this a good time to branch 9.5/9.6 (so that master is for
9.6).  Any concerns?

Re: 9.5/9.6 branching

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I think the feature freeze and the long window to the next minor
> releases make this a good time to branch 9.5/9.6 (so that master is for
> 9.6).  Any concerns?

Sounds good.  Do we need to change default branch in git.pg.org or
something?

Re: 9.5/9.6 branching

От
Guillaume Lelarge

Le 11 avr. 2016 9:53 PM, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> a écrit :

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > I think the feature freeze and the long window to the next minor
> > releases make this a good time to branch 9.5/9.6 (so that master is for
> > 9.6).  Any concerns?
>
> Sounds good.

+1

> Do we need to change default branch in git.pg.org or
> something?

Re: 9.5/9.6 branching

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 04/11/2016 03:53 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I think the feature freeze and the long window to the next minor
>> releases make this a good time to branch 9.5/9.6 (so that master is for
>> 9.6).  Any concerns?
>
> Sounds good.  Do we need to change default branch in git.pg.org or
> something?

The branch has been created.  The default branch should be set back to
master.

Re: 9.5/9.6 branching

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >> I think the feature freeze and the long window to the next minor
> >> releases make this a good time to branch 9.5/9.6 (so that master is for
> >> 9.6).  Any concerns?
> >
> > Sounds good.  Do we need to change default branch in git.pg.org or
> > something?
>
> The branch has been created.  The default branch should be set back to
> master.

Done.