Обсуждение: BUG #14387: Trying to send mail to general@postgresql.org

BUG #14387: Trying to send mail to general@postgresql.org

От
andre_mikulec@hotmail.com
Дата: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Re: BUG #14387: Trying to send mail to general@postgresql.org

От
"Rader, David"
Дата:
--
David Rader
davidr@openscg.com

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 9:26 AM, <andre_mikulec@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      14387
> Logged by:          Andre Mikulec
> Email address:      andre_mikulec@hotmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> Operating system:   Does not matter
>
> The wiki (Using the discussion lists
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists) says . . .
>
> Using the discussion lists
> You can send an email directly to any of the mailing lists,
> without subscribing first.
>
> However, when I try to send an email message.  . . .

The email address for the general list is:
pgsql-general@postgresql.org

Thanks

Re: BUG #14387: Trying to send mail to general@postgresql.org

Дата:

not just general@postgresql.org.

> I just get back
> Undeliverable: make PostgreSQL with TCLSH: No rule to make target

Your email infrastructure could stand some improvement, if it doesn't
show you anything more than that for a bad To: address.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #14387: Trying to send mail to general@postgresql.org

От
Kevin Grittner
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 8:26 AM,  <andre_mikulec@hotmail.com> wrote:

> However, when I try to send an email message.  . . .

> To: general@postgresql.org

> I just get back
>
> "
> Undeliverable: make PostgreSQL with TCLSH: No rule to make target
> "
>
> What do I need to do to 'simply send an email message?'

Use one of the mailing list email addresses as it is shown on:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/

In this case, you probably want pgsql-general@postgresql.org

Note the "pgsql-" prefix you are missing.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com