Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 9.X RPM downloads marked as malware by Google

PostgreSQL 9.X RPM downloads marked as malware by Google

От
Lukas Fittl
Дата:
Hi all,

Apologies if this is not the correct list - since packagers- is a closed list, this seemed like the next best place to bring this up.

A coworker just tried downloading the PostgreSQL 9.6 "Amazon Linux AMI 2015.03 - x86_64" package from the RPM download page [0] using Google Chrome.

The download fails, with a note that the file is malicious. This is described on [1] as "Malicious: You tried downloading malware.".

This same error appears to happen for all 9.X RPM packages, 8.X is fine. Other browsers don't seem to mind, and download the file just fine.

Anybody know whats going on?

For what its worth, I think this is a false positive on Google's end - but figured somebody might know how to have them correct it.

Best,
Lukas

--
Lukas Fittl

Skype: lfittl
Phone: +1 415 321 0630

Re: PostgreSQL 9.X RPM downloads marked as malware by Google

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
On 11/03/2016 09:19 PM, Lukas Fittl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Apologies if this is not the correct list - since packagers- is a closed
> list, this seemed like the next best place to bring this up.
>
> A coworker just tried downloading the PostgreSQL 9.6 "Amazon Linux AMI
> 2015.03 - x86_64" package from the RPM download page [0] using Google
> Chrome.
>
> The download fails, with a note that the file is malicious. This is
> described on [1] as "Malicious: You tried downloading malware.".
>
> This same error appears to happen for all 9.X RPM packages, 8.X is fine.
> Other browsers don't seem to mind, and download the file just fine.
>
> Anybody know whats going on?
>
> For what its worth, I think this is a false positive on Google's end -
> but figured somebody might know how to have them correct it.
>
> [0]: https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php
> [1]: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6261569?p=ib_download_blocked&hl=en&rd=1

Thanks for notifying us, but unfortunably we have so far been unable to
reproduce this using both chrome on linux and chrome on android. When
you talk about "PostgreSQL 9.6 "Amazon Linux AMI 2015.03 - x86_64" you
are talking about the repo rpm on:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-ami201503-96-9.6-2.noarch.rpm
?

If you can still reproduce this on your end it would be good to know
what exact stack you are running (chrome version, OS, ...) and what
exact url(s) it is complaining about.

regards

Stefan

Re: PostgreSQL 9.X RPM downloads marked as malware by Google

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
> On 11/03/2016 09:19 PM, Lukas Fittl wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Apologies if this is not the correct list - since packagers- is a closed
>> list, this seemed like the next best place to bring this up.
>>
>> A coworker just tried downloading the PostgreSQL 9.6 "Amazon Linux AMI
>> 2015.03 - x86_64" package from the RPM download page [0] using Google
>> Chrome.
>>
>> The download fails, with a note that the file is malicious. This is
>> described on [1] as "Malicious: You tried downloading malware.".
>>
>> This same error appears to happen for all 9.X RPM packages, 8.X is fine.
>> Other browsers don't seem to mind, and download the file just fine.
>>
>> Anybody know whats going on?
>>
>> For what its worth, I think this is a false positive on Google's end -
>> but figured somebody might know how to have them correct it.
>>
>> [0]: https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php
>> [1]: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6261569?p=ib_download_blocked&hl=en&rd=1
>
> Thanks for notifying us, but unfortunably we have so far been unable to
> reproduce this using both chrome on linux and chrome on android.

FYI, I cannot reproduce this on macOS with Chrome 54.0.2840.71 (64-bit) either.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: PostgreSQL 9.X RPM downloads marked as malware by Google

От
Lukas Fittl
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 2:04 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
> Thanks for notifying us, but unfortunably we have so far been unable to
> reproduce this using both chrome on linux and chrome on android.

FYI, I cannot reproduce this on macOS with Chrome 54.0.2840.71 (64-bit) either.

This seems to have resolved itself, presumably by Google fixing their list - I saw the issue on macOS, Chrome 54.0.2840.71 (64-bit).

For what its worth, there was also another report like this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/postgresmen/status/794276096757809152

Thanks for checking!

Best,
Lukas