Обсуждение: [HACKERS] Allow controlling location of tmp_install

[HACKERS] Allow controlling location of tmp_install

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
While running a couple of parallel make (install)check-worlds I was
surprised to see my system load at 5x what I'd think it'd be. Looking at
CPU % consumption it turns out this was because mds (the OS X indexing
service) and a few other things were going bonkers. That's because they
were all trying to process a huge amount of notification events.

I've now moved my normal install locations to somewhere I can exclude
from mds and what-not, but I don't see any way to do that with
tmp_install. Is there a trick here I'm missing, or should I change
Makefile.global.in to check for an environment variable?
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)

Re: [HACKERS] Allow controlling location of tmp_install

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 1/7/17 8:52 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> I've now moved my normal install locations to somewhere I can exclude
> from mds and what-not, but I don't see any way to do that with
> tmp_install. Is there a trick here I'm missing, or should I change
> Makefile.global.in to check for an environment variable?

tmp_install is hardcoded in a handful of places, but it might be
reasonable to refactor that.

Then again, couldn't you just exclude the top-level directory of the
source checkout from Spotlight?