Обсуждение: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 - LAST CALL

[HACKERS] GSoC 2017 - LAST CALL

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
All,

This is the LAST CALL for applications to GSoC 2017 for PostgreSQL.

If you have any ideas for projects, please go to:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2017

and add them, using the format listed there.

I will be submitting our application to Google tomorrow morning (the
deadline is Feb 9th, 1600 UTC, but I'd like to do it a bit early to
have time to address any issues).  Please get your project ideas
submitted so we can include them.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 - LAST CALL

От
Amit Kapila
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> This is the LAST CALL for applications to GSoC 2017 for PostgreSQL.
>
> If you have any ideas for projects, please go to:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2017

There are few entries which seem to be redundant:

> Implement WAL logging for hash indexes

We already have a patch for this feature.

> Invent an async interface for the Append() node to use, allowing a way to parallelize queries across multiple remote
FDWsor local tablespaces.

Isn't this same what we are discussing in thread:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmoaXQEt4tZ03FtQhnzeDEMzBck%2BLrni0UWHVVgOTnA6C1w%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 - LAST CALL

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Amit,

* Amit Kapila (amit.kapila16@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > If you have any ideas for projects, please go to:
> >
> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2017
>
> There are few entries which seem to be redundant:
>
> > Implement WAL logging for hash indexes

Apologies, to be clear, the things listed under "Core Project Ideas" are
*not* going to be included in our submission, only those project ideas
listed below in the structured format will be.

I'm going to remove those "Core Project Ideas" from the page- they're
still there on the 2016 page, if people want to pull from them to
provide properly described project ideas.

> > Invent an async interface for the Append() node to use, allowing a way to parallelize queries across multiple
remoteFDWs or local tablespaces.

Again, that's under the "core project ideas" section, which was just
pulled forward from 2016 and are not going to be included.

If you have any comments on the properly formatted/described project
ideas, that would be great.

Thanks!

Stephen

Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 - LAST CALL

От
Alexander Korotkov
Дата:
Hi!

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
I will be submitting our application to Google tomorrow morning (the
deadline is Feb 9th, 1600 UTC, but I'd like to do it a bit early to
have time to address any issues).  Please get your project ideas
submitted so we can include them.

Thank you for reminder.  I added couple more project ideas and added me, Oleg and Teodor to possible mentors of some projects.
That seems to be all that I have for now.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company