Обсуждение: [GENERAL] New 9.6.2 installation lacks /usr/lib/postgresql/

[GENERAL] New 9.6.2 installation lacks /usr/lib/postgresql/

От
Rich Shepard
Дата:
   Just installed postgresql-9.6.2 on Slackware-14.2/x86_64 and initialized
the database. However, there's no /usr/lib/postgresql/ directory with its
subdirectories, and another application I'm building wants that location
during configuration.

   Postgres was installed via the SlackBuilds.org build script which I've
used for many years so I don't know where to start looking for the reason
there's no postgres lib/ directory.

   Diagnostic help appreciated.

Rich

Re: [GENERAL] New 9.6.2 installation lacks /usr/lib/postgresql/

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 02/25/2017 02:52 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Just installed postgresql-9.6.2 on Slackware-14.2/x86_64 and initialized
> the database. However, there's no /usr/lib/postgresql/ directory with its
> subdirectories, and another application I'm building wants that location
> during configuration.

What application?

>   Postgres was installed via the SlackBuilds.org build script which I've
> used for many years so I don't know where to start looking for the reason
> there's no postgres lib/ directory.

There is, it is just not at /usr/lib/postgresql. Search for plpgsql.so

As to the build you will either need to specify where the lib/ is in the
configuration process or create a symlink .

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: [GENERAL] New 9.6.2 installation lacks /usr/lib/postgresql/

От
Rich Shepard
Дата:

   GRASS <http://grass.osgeo.org/>.

> There is, it is just not at /usr/lib/postgresql. Search for plpgsql.so

   Ah! That's what I need to know.

> As to the build you will either need to specify where the lib/ is in the
> configuration process or create a symlink .

   Well, sure. As long as I provide grass with the proper path in the config
file it's happy.

Thanks,

Rich

Re: [GENERAL] New 9.6.2 installation lacks /usr/lib/postgresql/[RESOLVED]

От
Rich Shepard
Дата:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:

> Just installed postgresql-9.6.2 on Slackware-14.2/x86_64 and initialized
> the database. However, there's no /usr/lib/postgresql/ directory with its
> subdirectories.

   Duh! It's in /usr/lib64/postgresql.

Sigh,

Rich