Обсуждение: [GENERAL] libpg sources

[GENERAL] libpg sources

От
Igor Korot
Дата:
 Hi, ALL,
Can I put libpg sources into my project? Or I will have to provide binaries?

Thank you.

Re: [GENERAL] libpg sources

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
Igor Korot wrote:

> Can I put libpg sources into my project? Or I will have to provide binaries?

You can do anything you want as long as you stick with the license:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob_plain;f=COPYRIGHT;hb=HEAD

All you have to do is include the following information:

Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2017, PostgreSQL Global Development Group

Portions Copyright (c) 1994, The Regents of the University of California

IN NO EVENT SHALL THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR
DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING
LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE AND ITS
DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED HEREUNDER IS
ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA HAS NO OBLIGATIONS TO
PROVIDE MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR MODIFICATIONS.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: [GENERAL] libpg sources

От
John McKown
Дата:
On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
Igor Korot wrote:

> Can I put libpg sources into my project? Or I will have to provide binaries?

You can do anything you want as long as you stick with the license:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob_plain;f=COPYRIGHT;hb=HEAD

All you have to do is include the following information:

​Being as I am (for good or ill), I really wish there was a file entitled: LICENSE with detailed this explicitly.​

--
Windows. A funny name for a operating system that doesn't let you see anything.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

Re: [GENERAL] libpg sources

От
Igor Korot
Дата:
On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 10:54 AM, John McKown
<john.archie.mckown@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>
> wrote:
>>
>> Igor Korot wrote:
>>
>> > Can I put libpg sources into my project? Or I will have to provide
>> > binaries?
>>
>> You can do anything you want as long as you stick with the license:
>>
>> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob_plain;f=COPYRIGHT;hb=HEAD
>>
>> All you have to do is include the following information:

OK, thx, guys.
I think I will just include the binaries.