Обсуждение: [pgadmin-hackers] Style guide live website - looking for feedback

[pgadmin-hackers] Style guide live website - looking for feedback

От
Shirley Wang
Дата:
Hi all,

We've started compiling some of the agreed upon styles into a site that is accessible for all developers.

As of now, we have colors, type, and alerts documented. Other styles will be added and where the style guide lives will change sometime in the future.

I'm currently looking for feedback on a few things:
1. how it's structured - does the navigation make sense?
2. the info provided on each page - are you as a developer able to find the info you need? is there anything missing?
3. usage - what will make this easier for you to use?

Thanks!

Here's the thread for style guide conversation:

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Style guide live website - looking for feedback

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Shirley Wang <swang@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We've started compiling some of the agreed upon styles into a site that is
> accessible for all developers.
>
> Link to the site: http://pgadmin4-styleguide.cfapps.io/index.html
>
> As of now, we have colors, type, and alerts documented. Other styles will be
> added and where the style guide lives will change sometime in the future.
>
> I'm currently looking for feedback on a few things:
> 1. how it's structured - does the navigation make sense?
> 2. the info provided on each page - are you as a developer able to find the
> info you need? is there anything missing?
> 3. usage - what will make this easier for you to use?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Here's the thread for style guide conversation:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAPG3WN4-KTS0p6rRPxpXNqY8az%2BSw8NQHfjx%2BRFYc8ZqB_00TQ%40mail.gmail.com#CAPG3WN4-KTS0p6rRPxpXNqY8az+Sw8NQHfjx+RFYc8ZqB_00TQ@mail.gmail.com

Looks good. A couple of thoughts:

- Please use "pgAdmin 4" consistently :-)

- The neutral message panel has a border that is quite visible, whilst
the others have much more subtle borders. Seems like something to fix.

- I think we need some notes on when the different font sizes should be used.

- You've obviously created classes for these styles (e.g. text-14).
Let's make sure they are all actually defined in the stylesheets for
the app before we add the style guide :-)

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Style guide live website - looking for feedback

От
Shirley Wang

Looks good. A couple of thoughts:

- Please use "pgAdmin 4" consistently :-)

Just to clarify - is there always a space between pgAdmin and 4? or is it pgAdmin4?

- The neutral message panel has a border that is quite visible, whilst
the others have much more subtle borders. Seems like something to fix.

It is an interesting contrast. I think it should be changed too.

- I think we need some notes on when the different font sizes should be used.

Ok. I can start documenting where these fonts are used now, and then we can think about if that's how we actually want to use them.

- You've obviously created classes for these styles (e.g. text-14).
Let's make sure they are all actually defined in the stylesheets for
the app before we add the style guide :-)

Will do.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Style guide live website - looking for feedback

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Shirley Wang <swang@pivotal.io> wrote:

>> Looks good. A couple of thoughts:
>>
>> - Please use "pgAdmin 4" consistently :-)
>>
> Just to clarify - is there always a space between pgAdmin and 4? or is it
> pgAdmin4?

In natural language text, it's always with a space. The number should
be a numeric (not Roman numerals), and only the A should be
capitalised.

In code etc. the space and capitalisation can be dropped if needed.

>> - The neutral message panel has a border that is quite visible, whilst
>> the others have much more subtle borders. Seems like something to fix.
>

> It is an interesting contrast. I think it should be changed too.
>>

>> - I think we need some notes on when the different font sizes should be
>> used.
>>
> Ok. I can start documenting where these fonts are used now, and then we can
> think about if that's how we actually want to use them.
>

>> - You've obviously created classes for these styles (e.g. text-14).
>> Let's make sure they are all actually defined in the stylesheets for
>> the app before we add the style guide :-)
>>
> Will do.

Thanks!