Обсуждение: [BUGS] BUG #14742: build fails on psql

[BUGS] BUG #14742: build fails on psql

От
chris@cdrbill.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      14742
Logged by:          Chris Ruprecht
Email address:      chris@cdrbill.com
PostgreSQL version: 10beta2
Operating system:   macOS 10.12.5

The build fails at this point:

gcc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security
-fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -O2 command.o
common.o conditional.o copy.o crosstabview.o describe.o help.o input.o
large_obj.o mainloop.o prompt.o psqlscanslash.o sql_help.o startup.o
stringutils.o tab-complete.o variables.o  -L../../../src/common -lpgcommon
-L../../../src/port -lpgport -L../../../src/interfaces/libpq -lpq
-L../../../src/port -L../../../src/common -L/usr/local/lib
-Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs  -L../../../src/fe_utils -lpgfeutils -lpq  -lpgcommon
-lpgport -lxslt -lxml2 -lpam -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lz -lreadline -lm-o psql
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: "_appendShellStringNoError", referenced from:     _psql_get_variable in
common.o"_psql_scan_set_passthrough", referenced from:     _MainLoop in mainloop.o     _main in startup.o

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

Configure options are:

./configure  \ --prefix=/usr/local              \ --enable-integer-datetimes \ --enable-thread-safety        \
--with-perl            \ --with-python           \ --with-gssapi           \ --with-openssl             \ --with-pam
         \ --with-zlib             \ --with-libxml         \ --with-libxslt        \ --with-uuid=e2fs      \
--with-perl\ --with-wal-segsize=64 \ --with-wal-segsize=16 \ --with-bonjour

Re: [BUGS] BUG #14742: build fails on psql

Дата:
chris@cdrbill.com writes:
>   "_appendShellStringNoError", referenced from:
>       _psql_get_variable in common.o
>   "_psql_scan_set_passthrough", referenced from:
>       _MainLoop in mainloop.o
>       _main in startup.o

appendShellStringNoError() and psql_scan_set_passthrough() should be in
src/fe_utils/libpgfeutils.a, but they are both new as of v10.  I suppose
you're somehow linking against a 9.6 or earlier version of that
library.  Looking at the link line, -L/usr/local/lib is probably the
source of the problem.  Do you have any idea how it got there?
I don't see an equivalent reference to the --prefix lib directory
when I do this, so it's not that.

I wrote:
> appendShellStringNoError() and psql_scan_set_passthrough() should be in
> src/fe_utils/libpgfeutils.a, but they are both new as of v10.  I suppose
> you're somehow linking against a 9.6 or earlier version of that
> library.  Looking at the link line, -L/usr/local/lib is probably the
> source of the problem.  Do you have any idea how it got there?
> I don't see an equivalent reference to the --prefix lib directory
> when I do this, so it's not that.

On further consideration, however that got there, it's definitely a
bug in our makefiles that the -L flag for src/fe_utils isn't being
placed in front of -L flags for system libraries.  I've pushed a fix
for that.  Thanks for the report!

Re: [BUGS] BUG #14742: build fails on psql

От
Chris Ruprecht
Дата:
Tom,

That was the problem. There was a 9.6.3 version in /usr/local/lib.

Thank you!!

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 10:22, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> chris@cdrbill.com writes:
>> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>>  "_appendShellStringNoError", referenced from:
>>      _psql_get_variable in common.o
>>  "_psql_scan_set_passthrough", referenced from:
>>      _MainLoop in mainloop.o
>>      _main in startup.o
>
> appendShellStringNoError() and psql_scan_set_passthrough() should be in
> src/fe_utils/libpgfeutils.a, but they are both new as of v10.  I suppose
> you're somehow linking against a 9.6 or earlier version of that
> library.  Looking at the link line, -L/usr/local/lib is probably the
> source of the problem.  Do you have any idea how it got there?
> I don't see an equivalent reference to the --prefix lib directory
> when I do this, so it's not that.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: [BUGS] BUG #14742: build fails on psql

От
Chris Ruprecht
Дата:
I was thinking the same thing, we should be able to build what ever release, regardless if there is a previous release
alreadyinstalled ;).