Обсуждение: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve legibility of numeric literal

[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve legibility of numeric literal

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
Improve legibility of numeric literal

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/cde11fa3c003407fc6c4ddc427d57e588ea17d1c

Modified Files
--------------
src/test/perl/PostgresNode.pm | 2 +-

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve legibility of numeric literal

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> Improve legibility of numeric literal

Ugh.  Are we going to start doing this all the time?  Some of the
time?  At the whim of whoever was committing?  I didn't even know this
was legal syntax.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On 07/17/2017 10:22 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> Improve legibility of numeric literal
> Ugh.  Are we going to start doing this all the time?  Some of the
> time?  At the whim of whoever was committing?  I didn't even know this
> was legal syntax.

I was just adjusting a commit I had made a very shortly before. It is
legal syntax, but I'd been unable to find the documentation for it until
it was pointed out to me.

I'm sorry of you dislike it, I find it makes the literal much more readable.

cheers

andrew