Обсуждение: [BUGS] BUG #14778: locale 'en-US' not recognized

[BUGS] BUG #14778: locale 'en-US' not recognized

От
glenn.burkhardt@utas.utc.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      14778
Logged by:          Glenn Burkhardt
Email address:      glenn.burkhardt@utas.utc.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.3
Operating system:   Windows 10

For an unattended install with options "--mode unattended --locale en-US",
the installation fails claiming that no such locale exists.  However,
--locale "English, United States" works.  The standard Microsoft designation
of "en-US" is not recognized.

Re: [BUGS] BUG #14778: locale 'en-US' not recognized

Дата:
glenn.burkhardt@utas.utc.com writes:
> For an unattended install with options "--mode unattended --locale en-US",
> the installation fails claiming that no such locale exists.  However,
> --locale "English, United States" works.  The standard Microsoft designation
> of "en-US" is not recognized.

You sure that's standard?  Everyone else spells it like "en_US".

(I would certainly not put it past Microsoft to be randomly different
from every other system, but pilot error seems more likely here.)

Re: [External] Re: [BUGS] BUG #14778: locale 'en-US' not recognized

От
"Burkhardt, Glenn B UTAS"

I tried both “en_US” and “en-US”.  Neither worked.  On this page it’s listed:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc233982.aspx

> For an unattended install with options "--mode unattended --locale

> en-US", the installation fails claiming that no such locale exists.

> However, --locale "English, United States" works.  The standard

> Microsoft designation of "en-US" is not recognized.

You sure that's standard?  Everyone else spells it like "en_US".

(I would certainly not put it past Microsoft to be randomly different from every other system, but pilot error seems more likely here.)

                                                regards, tom lane