Обсуждение: [HACKERS] md5 still listed as an option in pg_hba.conf.sample

[HACKERS] md5 still listed as an option in pg_hba.conf.sample

От
Mark Dilger
Дата:
The comment that I think needs updating is:

# METHOD can be "trust", "reject", "md5", "password", "scram-sha-256",
# "gss", "sspi", "ident", "peer", "pam", "ldap", "radius" or "cert".

The "md5" option no longer works, as discussed in other threads.

mark

Re: [HACKERS] md5 still listed as an option in pg_hba.conf.sample

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com> wrote:
> The comment that I think needs updating is:
>
> # METHOD can be "trust", "reject", "md5", "password", "scram-sha-256",
> # "gss", "sspi", "ident", "peer", "pam", "ldap", "radius" or "cert".
>
> The "md5" option no longer works, as discussed in other threads.

It works for me.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [HACKERS] md5 still listed as an option in pg_hba.conf.sample

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:23:55AM -0700, Mark Dilger wrote:
> The comment that I think needs updating is:
>
> # METHOD can be "trust", "reject", "md5", "password", "scram-sha-256",
> # "gss", "sspi", "ident", "peer", "pam", "ldap", "radius" or "cert".
>
> The "md5" option no longer works, as discussed in other threads.

Uh, I think that "md5" still works just fine.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: [HACKERS] md5 still listed as an option in pg_hba.conf.sample

От
Mark Dilger
Дата:
> On Sep 26, 2017, at 10:36 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:23:55AM -0700, Mark Dilger wrote:
>> The comment that I think needs updating is:
>>
>> # METHOD can be "trust", "reject", "md5", "password", "scram-sha-256",
>> # "gss", "sspi", "ident", "peer", "pam", "ldap", "radius" or "cert".
>>
>> The "md5" option no longer works, as discussed in other threads.
>
> Uh, I think that "md5" still works just fine.

Yes, sorry for the noise.

I was under the impression that md5 was removed for this release, per other
threads that I must not have followed closely enough.

Re: [HACKERS] md5 still listed as an option in pg_hba.conf.sample

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 2:41 AM, Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was under the impression that md5 was removed for this release, per other
> threads that I must not have followed closely enough.

md5 is still present, its configuration in pg_hba.conf and
password_encryption are still here. "plain" is what has been removed.
--
Michael

Re: [HACKERS] md5 still listed as an option in pg_hba.conf.sample

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 9/26/17 18:39, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 2:41 AM, Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was under the impression that md5 was removed for this release, per other
>> threads that I must not have followed closely enough.
>
> md5 is still present, its configuration in pg_hba.conf and
> password_encryption are still here. "plain" is what has been removed.

More precisely, the ability to store passwords in plain text in
pg_authid has been removed.  You can still use the authentication method
"password" that sends passwords in plain text over the wire.