Обсуждение: [GENERAL] Monitoring Tool for PostgreSQL

[GENERAL] Monitoring Tool for PostgreSQL

От
Fabricio Pedroso Jorge
Дата:
Hi all,

   is there a "official" monitoring tool for PostgreSQL databases? For example, i come from Oracle Database, and there, we have Enterprise Manager to monitor and administrer the product... is there such a similar tool for PostgreSQL?

Thanks for the attention.

--
Fabrício Pedroso Jorge.

Administrador de Banco de Dados

Resumo Profissional:
http://br.linkedin.com/in/fabriciojorge

Contatos:
+ 55 91 988991116
skype: fabricio.pedroso.jorge
fpjbito@gmail.com

Re: [GENERAL] Monitoring Tool for PostgreSQL

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Fabricio Pedroso Jorge
<fpjbito@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    is there a "official" monitoring tool for PostgreSQL databases? For
> example, i come from Oracle Database, and there, we have Enterprise Manager
> to monitor and administrer the product... is there such a similar tool for
> PostgreSQL?

The most commonly used monitoring tool is either zabbix or nagios
using the check_postgres perl script. That's as close to official as
I'm aware (and no, it's not "official" really, just the most common
and well supported method I'm aware of).

Re: [GENERAL] Monitoring Tool for PostgreSQL

От
"Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)"
Дата:
We use a PERL script to handle this sort of thing.  It’s nice this way since we can run them from just about anywhere.

bobb

On Oct 18, 2017, at 12:37 PM, Fabricio Pedroso Jorge <fpjbito@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

   is there a "official" monitoring tool for PostgreSQL databases? For example, i come from Oracle Database, and there, we have Enterprise Manager to monitor and administrer the product... is there such a similar tool for PostgreSQL?

Thanks for the attention.

--
Fabrício Pedroso Jorge.

Administrador de Banco de Dados

Resumo Profissional:
http://br.linkedin.com/in/fabriciojorge

Contatos:
+ 55 91 988991116
skype: fabricio.pedroso.jorge
fpjbito@gmail.com

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. “
- Mark Twain

Re: [GENERAL] Monitoring Tool for PostgreSQL

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Fabricio Pedroso Jorge schrieb am 18.10.2017 um 19:37:
> is there a "official" monitoring tool for PostgreSQL databases? For
> example, i come from Oracle Database, and there, we have Enterprise
> Manager to monitor and administrer the product... is there such a
> similar tool for PostgreSQL?

There is nothing "official" in the sense that it's developed by the Postgres development group.

But OPM looks quite promising:

http://opm.io/

There is a pretty extensive list in the Postgres wiki:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Monitoring

Re: [GENERAL] Monitoring Tool for PostgreSQL

От
Martin Goodson
Дата:
On 18/10/2017 18:37, Fabricio Pedroso Jorge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    is there a "official" monitoring tool for PostgreSQL databases? For
> example, i come from Oracle Database, and there, we have Enterprise
> Manager to monitor and administrer the product... is there such a
> similar tool for PostgreSQL?
>
> Thanks for the attention.

Not an 'official' tool, but if you're familiar with OEM then EnterpriseDB does PostgreSQL Enterprise Manager.

https://www.enterprisedb.com/products/edb-postgres-platform/edb-postgres-enterprise-managerpem

--
Martin Goodson

"Have you thought up some clever plan, Doctor?"
"Yes, Jamie, I believe I have."
"What're you going to do?"
"Bung a rock at it."